Covid-19 second wave slowing down, says DDC

webfact

Covid-19 second wave slowing down, says DDC

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Thai media Daily News reported senior health officials as saying that the second wave of Covid-19 infection was slowing down.

And problems associated with high battery use on the Mor Chana app have been sorted.

Thaweesap Sirapraphasiri of the Department of Disease Control said there had been many cases of Covid in the second wave but numbers were now stable and not rising. 

He reported on the situation in Samut Sakhon, Chonburi, Nonthaburi, Rayong and Chanthaburi where things were generally stable.

No new cases connected to markets and entertainment places in Nonthaburi had been recorded. 

SriRacha and Banglamung in Chonburi were being monitored carefully. 

No new cases had been reported in Chanthaburi at all. Rayong was stable. 

Samut Sakhon infection was mostly among migrants there and was neither up nor down. 

From December 15th to January 12th there had been 6,597 new cases. Of these 2,792 had recovered and 2,588 were still being treated. 

There were 870 cases in the field hospital. 

There were 28 serious cases in  hospitals and 11 people on respirators. 

He said there had been a clear spike in infection from December 18th but the trend now showed that this was abating. 

Dr Suphot Thianwithi said that problems associated with high battery usage for the Mor Chana tracing app had now been rectified. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-13

• Haha 2

A few more days until the total of traveling home after the New years and those they had contact with either upon arriving back.  Time will only tell, but without .....you will never know.  Yes my usual mantra.  Come on bashers, bash away

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A few more days until the total of traveling home after the New years and those they had contact with either upon arriving back.  Time will only tell, but without .....you will never know.  Yes my usual mantra.  Come on bashers, bash away

Well, I've bashed away with facts harder than diamond to no effect but to each his own.

Did you say your daughter had pneumonia and the hospital didn't test for covid? Thai hospitals often do test for pathogens that cause respiratory illnesses, esp if serious. You can also request it. Panel tests can find many pathogens in one go including influenza A and B, common colds like rhinovirus and human coronaviruses, etc. That's how they caught my wife's H1N1-2019 flu in 2018, which hit a few of us. That was a doozy.

Next time you can ask for the test and you will know. This is also another way Thailand screens COVID. Best of luck to your daughter.

• Thanks 1

Understandably they want this to go away fast, bad press and renewed pressure to help those in need with cash. Ministers have stated some months back they cannot afford a second wave.

I know of three testing stations that have been removed in the last three weeks. Were they still seeing people test positive...only the Shadow knows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

The numbers increased yesterday!  Since January 8th the numbers have gradually increased so what is he talking about.  The number of tests is extremely low and until that increases to a reasonable level, we just don't know.  As I said in another post, UK, on 11th Jan tested 536,947 people and over the previous 7 days tested 3,946,344 people and yet Thailand are going to take 2 weeks to test 20,000 people!

How many cases in Thailand, and how many deaths? How many people in hospital in Thailand?

Now compare the answers with the UK.

Sensible comparison you think?

I wonder if the goal is the same as last time, 30 days without any new infections to open everything up.

If so, I do not see this as realistic even with lack of testing.

So, I guess these lockdown's unfortunately at this point are indefinite.

7 hours ago, rabas said:

Well, I've bashed away with facts harder than diamond to no effect but to each his own.

Did you say your daughter had pneumonia and the hospital didn't test for covid? Thai hospitals often do test for pathogens that cause respiratory illnesses, esp if serious. You can also request it. Panel tests can find many pathogens in one go including influenza A and B, common colds like rhinovirus and human coronaviruses, etc. That's how they caught my wife's H1N1-2019 flu in 2018, which hit a few of us. That was a doozy.

Next time you can ask for the test and you will know. This is also another way Thailand screens COVID. Best of luck to your daughter.

I went into surgery Tested before surgery, that was nasty thing down my nose 

27 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

I think the only way cases could spread in Chiang Mai would be if Panda delivery drivers were spreading it. Nobody on the roads, in the malls, restaurants or gyms. Seriously I can't see how a lot of people are surviving.

they aren't

10 hours ago, graemeaylward said:

The numbers increased yesterday!  Since January 8th the numbers have gradually increased so what is he talking about.  The number of tests is extremely low and until that increases to a reasonable level, we just don't know.  As I said in another post, UK, on 11th Jan tested 536,947 people and over the previous 7 days tested 3,946,344 people and yet Thailand are going to take 2 weeks to test 20,000 people!

Only 157 cases today, way down. As for testing of course the UK tests more they have hundreds of times more people presenting with symptoms and being admitted to hospital.

5 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Amazing how a bunch of people on this forum, most of whom come from countries where this virus is running rampant, think they know more than the Department of Disease Control of a country that has a caseload that is a tiny fraction of any of those countries.

If anything the authorities here overreact to any outbreaks. Not complaining, they got control of it once, they just might know what they are doing. Ever think of that?

It's called a bar stool and 10 changs = instant (insert category here) expert. 

8 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I am amazed that despite many people completely ignoring all the social distancing, mask wearing, hands washing, especially among restaurant staff and food vendors, the numbers did not baloon. Thailand really must be the luckiest place on the Planet.

What you dont seem to understand that is thais half-assing it is still more effective than the blatant disregard some folk in the western world believe their right, and in some cases obligation.

Going through the motions is better than doing nothing. I have willimgly kept upnthe theatre of the mask, not because I belive it will necessarrily save me, but because what could it hurt?

Just my take.

Edited by n00dle

I hope that Thailand keeps their numbers down and people stay cautious. 

Ireland was in good shape, but now they are almost out of control, caused by

mostly how people quit being cautious and staying apart. Sad situation that could have

be a lot different. Good Luck Thailand

Geezer