Tourism chiefs call for foreigners vaccinated against COVID-19 to be allowed to enter Thailand

webfact

I see those vax as a prevention of serious illness (which is good enough for me), but not being positive and have minor symptoms (hence able to spread virus).

so for those vaccinated there still should be form of isolation, but not quarantine.

Sometimes ago there was proposal for enclosed zone of hotels close to beaches, where guests were allowed to roam within 1km from their hotel, including visiting neighbouring hotels for sports facilities (golf), restaurants, entertainment, spa treatments. Such isolation would be closer to all-inclusive hotel stay, rather than full isolation for 14 days in a room, which is more like a prison stay.

Probably thailand would have to first approve those vaccines in the country. Or allow consulates to distribute vax already approved to all visa applicants   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism chiefs call for foreigners vaccinated against COVID-19 to be allowed to enter Thailand

This is a really bad idea, even if they have had the vaccination there is absolutely no concrete evidence how effective it will be across the board, newly vaccinated people still need to be checked and monitored.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1fortheroad said:

if they are vaccinated they should be allowed in!

Watching a video this morning from the USA, said 7 million so far have been vaccinated and if the new Biden admin gets things happening, i.e. to vaccinate 1 million people a day, then by mid year they would have reached herd immunity.

So I think Thailand has to accept foreign tourists coming here is a ways off, 2021 should be the focus year and until then the Thai government should provide loans to tourism companies/hotels/resorts to keep them afloat, but not without secure tenure, and once they are all back and running, they can then repay the debts, could be a win/win, but does the Thai government have any money, who knows maybe they can knock on someone's door ?

Edited by 4MyEgo

No rush, Pattaya is fine the way it is. 

Yes I know a lot of people are suffering hardship and I don't wish to sound callous but as it is is fine by me. 

And why do the announcements state 14 days quarantine when everyone who's done it says 15 nights 16days. 

Or has it since changed.?