Tourism chiefs call for foreigners vaccinated against COVID-19 to be allowed to enter Thailand

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whilst you may be vaccinated it's still unknown whether you could be a carrier...

Should depend on the vaccine...I recall most have 80%+ success but phase 3 trials in Brazil indicate only 50.4% efficacy for Sinovac. That will be of concern as I assume this proposal will be aimed at

pretty sure vaccinated people can be carriers/spreaders. the vaccination hits the symptoms but cant prevent it hitting and sitting in upper respiratory to be coughed sneezed or spoken to others.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Whilst you may be vaccinated it's still unknown whether you could be a carrier...

Exactly......you would still need a negative test and to quarantine.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Forget about international tourism this cannot return before 2022 earliest and then on a much smaller eco friendly scale. Meanwhile the Government should invest in alternative industries 

They should open Phuket first and only open international flights to Phuket:

- vaccine all the population in Phuket

- allow only tourists with Pfizer or Moderna vaccins (because efficiency > 95% and also works with the new variant virus)

- do PCR tests to the tourists on arrival + after 10 or 14 days (because 5% of vaccined tourists may have the covid)

- tourists wont be allowed to move further than 2-3 km from their hotels

- after 10 or 14 days, tourists wlll be allowed to move only in tourists areas where the population has been vaccined (Pattaya, Kho Samui etc...)

It's time to reopen everything, vaccines are coming but everything can't be solved in only one day.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

though it's my team, I think I can think of a few more choice words for Lennon and Lawell but i'd get a lifetime ban ! 

Always cheated never defeated

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, shdmn said:

You are not as efficient a spreader though, because you are not sick and therefore you are not coughing and sneezing.    They still don't know for sure if vaccinated people can be hosts and spreaders.  It's just a likely assumption at this point.

Presumably you would still need a negative COVID-19 test to enter. If it meant I could skip the quarantine then I’d be for it.

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

While millions of people may have received their first vaccination, they are mostly elderly, at-risk or essential workers, first-responders, politicians, health professionals. Hardly into temples, beaches and cuisine right now.

In the UK they plan to have the entire adult population vaccinated by about September.

Not everyone wants it though but that's ok, people who want it will be vaccinated before the winter.

I'm sure all of the rest of Europe could easily do the same if they ever get all their paperwork and approvals in order 🤣

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

The virus can thrive in the vaccinated aliens throat or nasopharangeal cavity.

I believe this is where the mucosal immune system destroys it on site. I wouldn't call that thriving.

• Thanks 1