Pattaya: Bus trips to Bangkok down from 40 to just THREE!

webfact

Pattaya: Bus trips to Bangkok down from 40 to just THREE!

5pm11.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

We Love Pattaya reporters went to the Rung Reuang Tour bus station in Pattaya where they found it very quiet.

Since Chonburi was placed in the top level of restrictions only necessary, documented travel is allowed.

The company usually would have 40 trips to Mo Chit, Ekkamai and Suvarnabhumi per day. 

This has now been reduced to just three all to Ekkamai only. 

5pm22.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

In addition only about 10 passengers are allowed on each service to allow for social distancing.

The trips leave Pattaya at 9am, noon and 3pm.

Driver Prawat said that he used to do 8-9 trips a day - now just one. 

He has seen his earnings go down but at least he and others still had a job and were getting benefits from the company. 

The measures look set to continue until the end of January or when restrictions are lifted. 

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-13

Who would have thought we'd ever see the day...as an aside, my Air Asia 1.5 hour flight from Bangkok to Phuket was stuffed to the gills last month...no social distancing. Seems like Rung Rueng is going a bit overboard with a 10 passenger per bus limit (but that's probably all they have anyway).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is it only me? Can't see the pictures (from "links") in the OP.

Also If you lick on links its says connection is not private go back to safety somethings gone wrong again it seems

35 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Who would have thought we'd ever see the day...as an aside, my Air Asia 1.5 hour flight from Bangkok to Phuket was stuffed to the gills last month...no social distancing. Seems like Rung Rueng is going a bit overboard with a 10 passenger per bus limit (but that's probably all they have anyway).

Bit of a bummer if one turns up  just before 9am and there are already 10 passenger waiting and you get a ticket for the midday bus!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Last lockdown they had 1 person per 2 seats, anyway 3 buses a day is worse than before I think

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

In addition only about 10 passengers are allowed on each service to allow for social distancing.

Meanwhile in Europe everyone is so desperate to get the virus that flying to the UK or anywhere else is business as usual. It's even on the airport speaker: " Don't forget your mutant string of Covid-19 ".

10 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I think me ment 4 trips up and 4 trips back...

That's still 20 hours a day driving, which is way above international driving standards, somebody telling porkies again me think

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, a977 said:

That's still 20 hours a day driving, which is way above international driving standards, somebody telling porkies again me think

I hope so, I dread to think of 50 or so people are sat behind some guy doing his eighth trip of the day down those busy dangerous roads, a total of 16 or more hours. He would need someone to prod him with a stick occasionally going down Sukhumvit towards Ekamai.

31 minutes ago, Paul Kernell said:

2hr trip+ half an hour turn around and break times 8 times. Possibly in a day but not every day. Extremely dangerous and illegal but that doesn't matter.

Generally those Pattaya Ekkamai bus trips are very safe, I would always avoid mini vans