Latest requirements for Non-O visa extension of stay based on retirement.

I have a 90 day Non O visa and already made the online queue booking for extension of stay based on retirement. Other than the usual requirements are there any additional requirements to apply for extension of stay based on retirement at Chaengwattana immigration office? According to the Thai immigration website all that is needed is:

Documents to be submitted

1.    Application form

2.    Copy of applicant’s passport

3.    Evidence of income such as a retirement pension, interest or dividends; and/or

4.    Account  deposited  (saving / fixed account) certificate issued by a bank in Thailand and a copy of a bankbook

5.    Only in the case of Criterion (6), the applicant must submit documents equivalent to Clauses 1-4
stated above.

From previous experience I remember that immigration office (IO) will also ask for a hand drawn map and complete additional forms and statements (such as penalties due to overstay, statement for why apply for visa, acknowledgement of terms and conditions) which were given to me by the IO.

I can not find any requirements related to the 40,000/400,000 baht medical insurance and the 100,000 US$ Covid insurance for Non O Extension of stay. Can the IO ask for this as well or is this only required for Non OA visa? Any other (new) requirements?

Thanks for any help/advise.

Just renewed extension based on retirement at CW. Presented copy of all passport pages, 90 day report form copy, copy of all pages of bankbook showing 12 months 800K, Bank letter, copy of Yellow Tabien baan (proof of residence), map to my residence, TM 7, 1900 TB in addition to actual bankbook. They kept everything. Took about one hour from appointment time to get passport with extension and bankbook back. 

Thank you for the replies. One more question. In the past I always got the bank letter the day before I went to Immigration office. This was always acceptable but last time there was a bit of extra discussion between IO's about this. Is it still acceptable or does the letter have to be on the same day? The official rule was not older than 3 days but I read on this site that Chaengwattana may require that letter is issued on the same day.

1 hour ago, bkkdriller said:

The official rule was not older than 3 days but I read on this site that Chaengwattana may require that letter is issued on the same day.

They prefer the same day but will accept one from the day before. But your bank book must be updated on the same day you apply.

3 hours ago, bkkdriller said:

Thank you for the replies. One more question. In the past I always got the bank letter the day before I went to Immigration office. This was always acceptable but last time there was a bit of extra discussion between IO's about this. Is it still acceptable or does the letter have to be on the same day? The official rule was not older than 3 days but I read on this site that Chaengwattana may require that letter is issued on the same day.

My bank letter was done the day before and I use a fixed account so did not need to update from day before.

5 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

Just renewed extension based on retirement at CW. Presented copy of all passport pages, 90 day report form copy, copy of all pages of bankbook showing 12 months 800K, Bank letter, copy of Yellow Tabien baan (proof of residence), map to my residence, TM 7, 1900 TB in addition to actual bankbook. They kept everything. Took about one hour from appointment time to get passport with extension and bankbook back. 

I did my extension based on retirement in late October. CW in my 10 years have never wanted copy of all pages of pp. I provide identity page and the first page showing transfer info from previous pp showing info re original non O. Also my last extension stamp and reentry permit. Finally TM 6 both sides. 

OP, CW has banks on lower level (apart from SCB) and with appointment you can easily obtain bank letter along with deposit on day of application prior to appointment. Some CW imm officers want this. Ask bank clerk to provide photocopy of your last page showing updated bankbook with deposit/withdrawal.

I have never provided 90 day report receipt.

I have never provided hand drawn map. My condo has a flyer with map on back. Always been accepted. I have a hand drawn map just in case. 

OP, you state that you have appointment. Make sure you take print out of your appointment. Screenshot will not cut it. They take your pic holding it under chin. 

If you forget anything note that on lower level with banks there is a photocopy/photo stall that can assist. Minimal charge.

When you arrive do not go to desk where obtain queue ticket. Walk straight to desk # on your appointment email. 

Note they do not call you. Just hover and when io not busy show your print out appointment. Be early. If your appointment is say 10am and your at desk 9.45 you often will be seen then if io not busy.

Two months prior to day of application.

You should not require bank statements.

Just bank letter to confirm its your account along with photocopy of bankbook pages for last 12 months. Also best to show activity on day of application. Small deposit is fine.

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Also best to show activity on day of application. Small deposit is fine.

Apparently some banks require activity to get a new balance for today's date. Bangkok Bank savings accounts, however, do not -- no deposit or withdrawal required -- just stick you book in the machine and last balance is forwarded, with today's date, to the next open line.

Just now, JimGant said:

Apparently some banks require activity to get a new balance for today's date. Bangkok Bank savings accounts, however, do not -- no deposit or withdrawal required -- just stick you book in the machine and last balance is forwarded, with today's date, to the next open line.

The activity on day of application I was referring to was wanted by immigration officer rather than the bank.

As always some offices may not have this requirement. 

For the 1st time I will extend my non-o mariage for a 50yo extension in Jomtien (it looks much easier when you dont have a kid with your wife).

I did some research on the forum, someone can confirm the "special requirements" for Jomtien:

1 - Draw manually a map of your location

2 - Print some photos of your house/condo. For a house what kind of photos do they want ?

And about health nothing special ? No health certificate done in a clinic, no covid test, no health insurance for non-o ?

Archived