Thailand shivers as temperatures plummet with cold snap set to last

webfact

Thailand shivers as temperatures plummet with cold snap set to last

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai media reported that the current cold snap in the upper areas of Thailand is set to continue. 

Bangkok Biz News reported the met office as saying that over the next week temperatures were likely to fall 4 -6 degrees more in certain areas. 

Today lows were expected to be 7C. From the 14th to the 16th January lows are expected to be 12-19C but during the 17th/18th they would be back down to 8-15C - that is "cold" according to their ratings. 

Some elevated areas could see lows of 2C.

Going with a headline of "shivering mouths" they said that Bangkok and surrounding areas would be experiencing lows of 16-18C.

Thai Rath reported that it was particularly cold in the north east - Kalasin was 8C. 

Doctors were warning the aged and the children in particular to keep warm. They had pictures of people with many extra layers of clothing.

Doctors were advising: Don't drink alcohol to try and stay warm! 

Elevated areas were 5-11C and winds were high at 15-35 kmph.

In northern Bangkok this morning Thaivisa notes that residents woke to temperatures barely at 20C though wind was light thankfully reducing the wind chill factor. 

Sources: Thai Rath | Bangkok Biz News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-13

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Ah ah, living proof the MoH was right! Dirty farang don't shower twice a day!! ????????

Once a day is enough for me under normal conditions, twice sometimes 3 times when it's really hot, like really hot or when the Mrs comes off of her r.gs when she is super horny ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kevin612 said:

I had a walk this morning with short and t-shirt. It is perfect temperature for me, but not the Thai people.

Yup, we came from Fort Collins CO where you go pick up your newspaper at 0F in a bathrobe (as long as no real wind!).  All of us found the last couple of days refreshing!!  If using the instantaneous water heaters, reducing the water flow ups the temp. 

It's the best time of year in Thailand in my opinion. It's a pity the 2.5 PM air pollution has been so bad lately that we can't enjoy outdoor activities without wearing an N95 dust mask on as protection against 2.5 PM pollution. Also, keeping the children locked up inside all day is the pits, they should be outside playing and enjoying themselves in the cool weather. ????

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

I looked at some weather forecast and it predicted sunny days ahead. You just can't trust them.

Sunny days ahead maybe, but that means no cloud base at night so open skies allows the temperature to drop.

• Like 1