Answering your questions about WhatsApp’s Privacy Policy

ravip

Got my answer on whether images are visible. Will find another way to upload them - they are comparison of what information WhatsApp is collecting and what kind of security it is offering, compared to Signal, Telegram and Facebook...

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Already switched to Telegram.....just in the process of saving FB posts before closing account......Zuckerberg zucks.

and you have my full support  555   I can't listen to the guy,  as soon as he starts to speak I turn the TV off

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Already switched to Telegram.....just in the process of saving FB posts before closing account......Zuckerberg zucks.

Any reason why Telegram and not Signal - especially after looking at the info in the graphic?

WhatsApp in the "article" in the OP state what they do NOT do but do not explain what they are about to do on 8 Feb to those living outside of Europe.

From 8 Feb WhatsApp Users will be required to give their consent for Facebook to access their data, including their phone numbers and information about how they interact with others, in order to continue using the app.

The requirement will apply regardless of whether or not the WhatsApp user has a Facebook account.

Essentially, this means Facebook will be able to access account information including your phone number, information on how you interact with other users, and logs of how often and how long you use WhatsApp. 

Other data that could be shared with Facebook includes your IP address, browser details, language and time zone. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9134309/WhatsApp-users-ABANDON-app-fears-data-shared-Facebook.html