Pattaya: Foreigners and Thai bar staff taken away and charged after noisy drinks party is busted

webfact

16 hours ago, webfact said:

Fourteen people present - Thai bar staff and foreign patrons - were having a noisy drinks party at 12:30am this morning.

Some people just don't learn, go home and continue in private... not hard to grasp!

Strange i was in treetown last night at 10.30pm,never heard a thing.All the food stalls at the front were closing on time...........party must of been more towards second road.

On another note Jomtien night market is no longer serving beer as from two days ago, you can still purchase a smoothie though................i dare say a few people will take a vodka/gin filled water bottle in to add to said smoothie

Abhorrent behaviour .....

Edited by thaiflyer1

This is not argument on if dangerous or not, but what rules were broken exactly?  I'm just playing devil's advocate.

As I understand,
there is no curfew
alcohol is not banned

(but is banned from a bar/restaurant selling it to you. takeaway is ok),
and if you are consuming something no mask is ok.

Is there a gathering limit again?  (which doesn't apply in restaurants or mall lol)

I'm not up to speed on this as it changes daily...and I'm in home by 7 and in bed by 10 daily so have no idea what fun people do .

Edited by Dart12

16 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

This is not argument on if dangerous or not, but what rules were broken exactly?  I'm just playing devil's advocate.

As I understand,
there is no curfew
alcohol is not banned

(but is banned from a bar/restaurant selling it to you. takeaway is ok),
and if you are consuming something no mask is ok.

Is there a gathering limit again?  (which doesn't apply in restaurants or mall lol)

I'm not up to speed on this as it changes daily...and I'm in home by 7 and in bed by 10 daily so have no idea what fun people do .

Alcohol has been banned from places that are not restaurants.  This place was clearly not a restaurant.  And, if you take away, you can not go somewhere and sit in a large group and drink.

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Alcohol has been banned from places that are not restaurants.  This place was clearly not a restaurant.  And, if you take away, you can not go somewhere and sit in a large group and drink.

7/11 must be exempt

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

This Tree Town area was always very special. Extreme noise, not caring about closing times, selling of Shisha at many bars - a lawless place? Obviously. 

Not hard to find a massage on offer in that area ,I guess if not a registered shop it is tolerated?

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

There's a curfew for them.  I think 10pm to 5am...or so...

Correct, but they are also still restricted to the selling of alcohol as it was prior.... 11-14.00, and 17:00 -(midnight). They lost the last couple of hours of alcohol sales. I fear the actions of these boozers will call this into question. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, robbioff said:

What is wrong with Thailand these days?? It’s like 1984...waiting for the thought police! 

Nothing is wrong with Thailand.

If you do not understand why the restriction is needed, then you  are the one who is wrong.

Have a look at the crisis in USA, and UK. Today on news I see Canada have hospitals in state of collapse because no more ICU capacity. In Los Angeles, UK and Canada it seems, people will be denied medical care and allowed to die. Thailand has no resources like these countries and would be quickly drowned with sick if strict measures not taken.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

It serves them right. These idiots have got sxxt for brains. The  Farangs should be deported and the Thais put in the big house for a while. That will teach them a lesson.

Due to there being few flights the falangs would have to be detained for a spell too. 

Edited by jacko45k