Pattaya: Foreigners and Thai bar staff taken away and charged after noisy drinks party is busted

webfact

On 1/14/2021 at 1:11 PM, Susco said:

Tree town...........where did I hear that name before??.............Oh yeah it was busted during the previous lock down as well.

Time to demolish

Why demolish a thriving entertainment area? Don't you think covid has done enough damage already. One bar out of 50 was raided. Why demolish the whole area? You have only heard of it. But it's a real place with real people and real jobs and real human contact. I hope they all get off with a small fine and a slap.on the wrist.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

Ban on alcohol coming soon, I think it should have been banned already to stop this type of gathering, but this is the excuse the powers that be need. 
Should be banned anyway the damage it does, not just here but worldwide, Millions of deaths each and every year directly or indirectly attributed to this drug, don't even mention cigarettes, how on earth these 2 drugs that are responsible for so much death and mayhem are sold legally is mind boggling, yeah I know, governments tax them, but the morons who deliberately drink and suck poison into their bodies and call it sociable and fun are lunatics who should be locked away for their own protection, sheer lunacy.

The Farangs should be fined heavily, deported and blacklisted for life. 

There is no change. For instance farangs and hookers start again to gather at this Tree Town area at Soi Buokhao. We had this months ago already and even a hooker got killed by a farang - he picked her up at this illegal but obviously by the authorities accepted party area. It was impossible to ignore what happened there. I think if there is not much law enforcement then people will always do what they like to do. Why should they care? I understand them. Pattaya City got a new police chief recently - perhaps a change? 

7 hours ago, Nout said:

Why demolish a thriving entertainment area? Don't you think covid has done enough damage already. One bar out of 50 was raided. Why demolish the whole area? You have only heard of it. But it's a real place with real people and real jobs and real human contact. I hope they all get off with a small fine and a slap.on the wrist.

Why?  Because they are helping spread the virus...and...are breaking the law.

One bar in Sriracha is now responsible for 80+ new cases.  Because of people like this, we're still locked down.  Shame on them.  Hit them with the max fine.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Well no sympathy  should get a big fine

Reminds me of the story a couple of days back the Tourist Brits   who came out of Quarantine after no doubt spending a fortune getting here

To ask why were the bars were closed just shows some people are desperate to get here

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Do you carry that soapbox around with you or find a small wall to stand on each time?

Sorry if you are hooked on both of these killers, you can't deny what I have said, so you try to justify people paying to poison themselves, so I guess you are.

Give them both up , your body will thank you.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Why?  Because they are helping spread the virus...and...are breaking the law.

One bar in Sriracha is now responsible for 80+ new cases.  Because of people like this, we're still locked down.  Shame on them.  Hit them with the max fine.

Max fine and deportation, that should be enough to stop other idiotic Farangs doing the same thing, but you are expecting people who knowingly drink poison for fun to have a small amount of sense, I am not hopeful on that front.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Broken Record said:

Max fine and deportation, that should be enough to stop other idiotic Farangs doing the same thing, but you are expecting people who knowingly drink poison for fun to have a small amount of sense, I am not hopeful on that front.

Pattaya does not exactly attract well educated and socially conscious Thai's, either.   ????

And how is this any different than 14 people in a small cafe, coffee shop, or a small store? How does a drink make this more dangerous? People are getting worked up into a frenzy, and the numbers are still quite low. Some caution yes. But a little bit of fun with some friends? 

• Like 2

On 1/17/2021 at 2:34 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

I'm not disputing the fact Pattaya has a huge sex trade...

So, what you are disputing is that the sex trade, like other red light areas in the world, attracts undesirables.  

History shows these areas attract drug users and criminals.  You don't seem to think so.