Trash burner ?

Tagged

3 hours ago, Tagged said:

Anyone know where their garbage goes after it is taken away from you by the village serice or someone you pay for it

98.8% of people in the "civilized" world don't know either. Or where their sewage goes. 

My wife sweeps dog turds in the cul-de-sac down the storm drains. I told her don't do that they will end up in the lake. She said the water didn't go into the lake. But when I asked where does it go? Blank....

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

98.8% of people in the "civilized" world don't know either. Or where their sewage goes. 

My wife sweeps dog turds in the cul-de-sac down the storm drains. I told her don't do that they will end up in the lake. She said the water didn't go into the lake. But when I asked where does it go? Blank....

Where I live, just south of Jomtien, there is no sewage treatment plant.  So guess where all the junk goes....right...one reason I have never swam in the ocean here.  Unless miles out to sea.

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sorry, but burning trash is a horrible idea.  It just makes our air worse. 

There are alternatives.  They cost more and take more time, but in the end, they are much better for our plant and those of us who live here.

Don't contribute to our air quality problem.

And they are...?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scott Tracy said:

As for illegal...no helmet is illegal, no license is illegal, drunk driving, running red lights, is illegal. Shall I go on...?

I hear ya, but they seem to go after foreigners more aggressively than locals.  If illegal, easy for someone to turn you in and make money.  And, just to <deleted> you off!! LOL

A sensible answer..We use one of the large cement "pots". Open bottom.. 900mm dia??? Set up on 4 bricks which provides air draft and clean out. If you sort as stated holds enough for monthly burns...Many local supply shops have..Most will deliver.   

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's called recycling.  Not easy here, but can be done. 

https://www.pca.state.mn.us/dont-burn-your-garbage

Err I dont think we are in Minnesota any more Toto.

A burn bin works very well and causes very little smoke when used right, better than setting fire to a pile of garbage, leaf litter or whatever and just walking away to let it smolder for hours as the locals do.

We recycle whatever we can in my home and that goes for most house holds around us and we have 10 baht a month garbage collection but our bin is rarely full. Rural Thailand stinks of burnt crop stubble but not as bad the city with blocked drains and <deleted> in the waterways.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Time to move into civilization and stop playing "me Tarzan you Jane"...we have trash pickup in the civilized world...and running water too

looking forward to your contribution to solving this issue,

apart from Thailand, plenty of other places where trash is a big problem.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sherwood said:

Err I dont think we are in Minnesota any more Toto.

A burn bin works very well and causes very little smoke when used right, better than setting fire to a pile of garbage, leaf litter or whatever and just walking away to let it smolder for hours as the locals do.

We recycle whatever we can in my home and that goes for most house holds around us and we have 10 baht a month garbage collection but our bin is rarely full. Rural Thailand stinks of burnt crop stubble but not as bad the city with blocked drains and <deleted> in the waterways.

We're not in Minnesota?  Really?  I'll take my woolies off....LOL.

Congrats for recycling.  It's not easy here.  But as my article stated, burning is NOT the answer.  Just makes things worse.  Infects others.  And ruins views of the countryside.

And here's the side effects.  Shame on those who do burn.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30336506

Chariya said the lack of awareness resulted in a high toll on healthcare, as PM2.5 was very toxic and the WHO also listed it as a carcinogen since 2013. The World Bank also revealed in a study that air pollution contributed to more than 50,000 premature deaths in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Whilst I agree with your comments and do the same there are items than you cannot recycle.

I live in a provincial town in the North which is a farming and fruit growing area. 
I have large gardens and adjoining land all growing trees.

There is a need to prune and sometimes the branches are too big to mulch it will take years for them to breakdown.

I will not burn but eventually will have a problem with the excess wood.

Sometime ago I spoke  to one of the senior local politicians about the concept of obtaining a commercial mulching machine where locals could bring their tree prunings which could be given back as mulch or sold at a low price and the benefits of reducing burning.

It was explained to him in Thai and  how it works successfully in Australia.

When his eyes started to glaze over I realized it was a lost cause.

No shortage of money to waste on many other useless projects though.

I use a carpenters bench saw to cut the branches up after pruning and  remove the small twigs with leaves on . It is time consuming yet affective .  Neighbours  take the wood away to use as fire wood for cooking . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Pay someone to take it away! They will recycle what they can. Have you checked www.iqair.com recently. Currently Thailand's air quality is appalling with fires everywhere!

Thank you all for answers, and I knew it would engage some interest from those who hate the daily doses of smone. Been there and done that especially after living in soi 88 and 94 Hua Hin. Hate BKK! 

But as said upfront and in a few replies, it is not working the way we like, and sometimes you just have to make a <deleted> in to the wind. 

I (my gf) already give away everything somebody elses are willing to take, and the rest of it, I will do alot better work to minimize the footprint. We are planring trees, growing vegetables, and with a proper burner it will be better than what anyone else doing around us. Trust me

24 minutes ago, KKr said:
4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

The garbage will attract rats and the rats will then attract snakes.

what closes the cycle, problem solved LMAO

With rats and snakes breeding exponentially; introduce an alpha predator such as us, and it'll be a nicely rounded out closed environment in no time.

I much prefer my rats to come from an orchard though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

With rats and snakes breeding exponentially; introduce an alpha predator such as us, and it'll be a nicely rounded out closed environment in no time.

I much prefer my rats to come from an orchard though.

absolutely, they must be organic, non-GMO, grass-fed; MSG-Free, and recyclable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

I think you have to wait until you are 70 year old to start marinate with that kind of smoke. 

In Issan they use plastic water bottle, inner tube and a bit of old flip flop to light the wood for BBQ.

• Thanks 2

One solution, not at all attractive, is to bag it and every few weeks drive it to the nearest place that does collect trash and drop it off. This assumes you have a truck to haul. A car is asking fur grief. 

Not optimum but do-able. 

It was probably a mistake to even make your post because nobody here will have a good solution.