Trash burner ?

Tagged

13 hours ago, Tagged said:

My question was simple, and someone who is quite frankly ignorant manage to make a whole thread of what we should not do, and the earnest most of us who live here in Thailand, could have done a better job making the planet greener back home. Just by living here, you contribute to alot more pollution than necessery. 

Ignorant to claim what everyone is doing around the country is wrong, when the politicians do nothing to make it better, and help companies to start making profit of waste, start making energy of cleaner buring facilities and etc. 

It is horrible, but as said, one evil is no better than another evil. I know what they do with my waste I deliver and pay for they burn it since it is easier to do than burry it. And as we know, landfills is no better than buring it. The worst thing you do with waste, is to burn it like the locals to, instead of making a proper waste burner that make sure it burns efficient instead of this 24 hours slow buring with low intensity 

Well you certainly got a good set of answers from the usual bunch of angry geriatrics. they seem to insist on giving their opinion given the slightest opportunity. 

I live in isaan and we don't have any Rubbish collection.

All the rubbish which is generated such as cardboard, glass and hard plastic is sold to a local collector who sorts it even further and takes its to the local depot where they collect and it goes off somewhere else. The price has dropped dramatically in the last few years due to China refusing other Countries recycling waste to be imported. I used to get a box of Leo in return evry month or so. We get 13Bht for a box of 12 large beers in the original box.

The food waste  is collected daily and put into buckets and taken to our farm where is put on the soil and covered with little more soil,

the rest of the rubbish which is generally wrappers etc from get burnt in a barrel, Basically just drill some holes in the bottom sides and lift of the floor and bingo. they tend to rust pretty quickly as the ash holds the water in. I have thought about using a 20mm galv pipe on some kind of fan to make it into an incinerator, Also you can buy nozzles for burning waste oils from Lazada which i have considered doing for smelting down scrap aluminum. but i have plenty  of other projects to do.

Best of luck with your burning

Shamemus

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 10:47 PM, Tagged said:

Our village do not collect trash, so I need to build an trash burner. Anyone have pics or ideas? 

I know tabu, but thats how it is here. Everyone burn their trash, or they dump it somewhere else around their neighbourhood. I just do not want to put fire to the national park or the fields around me, even the locals fine manage that on their own. 

Fight fire with fire. Fight pollution with pollution?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, elgenon said:

Fight fire with fire. Fight pollution with pollution?

Tell me where is you garbage going if you living in Thailand. Enlighten me? None of the humorous, sarcastic, ironic critical who answered had any good solutuion to bring on the talbe. Get over it, you live in thailand. 

As said a couple of times, go home, do not live in thailand if you want a better and greener world. Even back home they do stupid and make stupid decissions how to save the clima by make sure we spend more money on more demanding inviromental saving projects. Also stimulate the economic so we can buy more things we never thought we would buy or needed. 

Just be realistic thats all I ask for, but it takes some kind of thinking and a couple of experiences how things really work to get there. 

10 minutes ago, Tagged said:

Tell me where is you garbage going if you living in Thailand. Enlighten me? None of the humorous, sarcastic, ironic critical who answered had any good solutuion to bring on the talbe. Get over it, you live in thailand. 

As said a couple of times, go home, do not live in thailand if you want a better and greener world. Even back home they do stupid and make stupid decissions how to save the clima by make sure we spend more money on more demanding inviromental saving projects. Also stimulate the economic so we can buy more things we never thought we would buy or needed. 

Just be realistic thats all I ask for, but it takes some kind of thinking and a couple of experiences how things really work to get there. 

It's going to a landfill where it's burned in an efficient furnace that helps reduce the smoke output.

Seems you're having problems with typing today?

23 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's going to a landfill where it's burned in an efficient furnace that helps reduce the smoke output.

Seems you're having problems with typing today?

But you said, it is only 50% efficient? And we do not have that option up here. We all from country side can start to send all our garbage down south, it would have helped us alot ????

Typing with sausage fingers on a cell phone. Not always easy ???? 

And do my a favour, plant some trees when you have the chance as well. My neighbours they kill every tree they can even they can go to jail for it. Thats life up here. But it is quiet and nice as long you live far away from the neighbours as me. Thats called lost freedom for most people as long it last. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 8:22 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Sorry, but burning trash is a horrible idea.  It just makes our air worse. 

There are alternatives.  They cost more and take more time, but in the end, they are much better for our plant and those of us who live here.

Don't contribute to our air quality problem.

Here in rural Isaan we burn rubbish twice a week and it has no effect on our air quality.

1 hour ago, Andycoops said:

Here in rural Isaan we burn rubbish twice a week and it has no effect on our air quality.

BS.  I drive through Issan often.  The air quality is horrible.  Mainly due to all the small burns going on.  My eyes burn and can't see more than 1km away due to the haze.

Come on....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

BS.  I drive through Issan often.  The air quality is horrible.  Mainly due to all the small burns going on.  My eyes burn and can't see more than 1km away due to the haze.

Come on....

5 months of the year, the fields and the forrest is on fire, and the rest of they year it is pretty good air quality compare to chonburi, prachuap khiri khan. I check the air app quite often and have those two places to compare with. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tagged said:

5 months of the year, the fields and the forrest is on fire, and the rest of they year it is pretty good air quality compare to chonburi, prachuap khiri khan. I check the air app quite often and have those two places to compare with. 

I'd put the bad air more like 7 months of the year.  I've been here for almost 20 years, so know how the cycle works.

And when it's bad in Chonburi, it's because of burns.  Happening now.  Can't even see Koh Larn.  Sucks.

I've been through CM when you couldn't see 500M in front of you.  Just smoke haze.

I don't put too much trust in those air quality readings.  They can easily be manipulated.  Like they do in China.

12 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Come on....

Isaan is a large place, you make it sound as if it's a neighborhood. What one sees may not be what another sees.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Isaan is a large place, you make it sound as if it's a neighborhood. What one sees may not be what another sees.

Ummm....20 years of exploring Thailand....from top to bottom.  I know the geography of Issan quite well.  Been all over that part of Thailand.  Many times.

6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'd put the bad air more like 7 months of the year.  I've been here for almost 20 years, so know how the cycle works.

And when it's bad in Chonburi, it's because of burns.  Happening now.  Can't even see Koh Larn.  Sucks.

I've been through CM when you couldn't see 500M in front of you.  Just smoke haze.

I don't put too much trust in those air quality readings.  They can easily be manipulated.  Like they do in China.

Chiang mai is quite different because of the mountains surrounding the city and the smoke gets stuck there longer than most other places. 

Can you call it a topagrafic phenomen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Chiang mai is quite different because of the mountains surrounding the city and the smoke gets stuck there longer than most other places. 

Can you call it a topagrafic phenomen?

There is no doupt burning is a problem, we all aggree to that, but there have always been natural fires in these areas but these days there is more field and garbage  fires than there is forrest fires. Thailand have lost 70`% of their forrests the last 1000 years, and only in the last 50 years or so 40%. 

So it is quite horrible to think of, we pollute more and burn the same almost as when the country was covered by more forrest. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Tagged said:

There is no doupt burning is a problem, we all aggree to that, but there have always been natural fires in these areas but these days there is more field and garbage  fires than there is forrest fires. Thailand have lost 70`% of their forrests the last 1000 years, and only in the last 50 years or so 40%. 

So it is quite horrible to think of, we pollute more and burn the same almost as when the country was covered by more forrest. 

Yeah, it sucks how they treat the environment here.  Trash everywhere, polluted water, polluted air.  The countries who dump the most amount of plastics into the ocean are all here in Asia.  Something needs to change.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, it sucks how they treat the environment here.  Trash everywhere, polluted water, polluted air.  The countries who dump the most amount of plastics into the ocean are all here in Asia.  Something needs to change.

All over the world it have been a problem, and still is. Old natural forrest is quite different from planted and cultivated forrests. I have been driving motorbike around thailand in quite som few years now, and the difference you feel when you drive in to old jungle, rainforrests compare to cultivated forrests is quite difference in humidity and temperatur. Natures own aircondition system is braking down by logging and cultivating. Natures lounges 

plastic is the worst invention ever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tagged said:

All over the world it have been a problem, and still is. Old natural forrest is quite different from planted and cultivated forrests. I have been driving motorbike around thailand in quite som few years now, and the difference you feel when you drive in to old jungle, rainforrests compare to cultivated forrests is quite difference in humidity and temperatur. Natures own aircondition system is braking down by logging and cultivating. Natures lounges 

plastic is the worst invention ever. 

Well put!!!!  I try hard not to use anything plastic.  One reason I've backed off Lazada.  Everything comes wrapped in layers of plastic.  If I can get that item locally, I do so.

Fingers crossed future governments here will realize what a beautiful country they have (had) and start acting to protect it for future generations.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Haven't read the whole thread, but wouldn't a compactor help? Just for the plastics etc

If we had somewhere to deliver it where they could handle it propely. 

We are not burning anything at the moment, since it is enough smoke around here from the field burning, and my neighbour also think it is a good time to start making charcoal as well from his eucalyptus trees he just chopped down. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

For what it is worth, the best approach after recycling everything you can, is to sort stuff and address by type.  Can you get a chipper/shredder and compost branches, leaves, and paper?  Are you willing to do one of the food composting containers inside to keep pests away?  After that, what do you have to work with?  

On 1/13/2021 at 8:01 AM, Tagged said:

Do you know where your waste goes? 

We deliver what we can deliver, bottles, plastic, paper, etc, that someone can make money on, the rest we are stuck with. 

How about compositing anything biodegrade?

Edited by Morakot

The rubbish we have taken away but the local authority is just burnt. Obviously they go through it first for anything reusable but the rest goes up in smoke.

Garden waste is a big problem. We have a single teak tree in our garden and its huge dying leaves make a big mess. You can only compost so much and we already have plenty of unused mulch. Going to have it chopped down if I can find someone to do it. They can keep the wood for themselves.

1 hour ago, Bangyai said:

The rubbish we have taken away but the local authority is just burnt. Obviously they go through it first for anything reusable but the rest goes up in smoke.

Garden waste is a big problem. We have a single teak tree in our garden and its huge dying leaves make a big mess. You can only compost so much and we already have plenty of unused mulch. Going to have it chopped down if I can find someone to do it. They can keep the wood for themselves.

The leaves we just spread out on the land as fertilizer as good can. Normally it pack in piles on different places, dryes up during cold dry season and then we crush it and spread it. We have the national park around us in the back, so we get loads of leaves from there as well. 

4 minutes ago, Tagged said:

The leaves we just spread out on the land as fertilizer as good can. Normally it pack in piles on different places, dryes up during cold dry season and then we crush it and spread it. We have the national park around us in the back, so we get loads of leaves from there as well. 

Yes, just leave them....

17 hours ago, Tagged said:

That's ok if you have a big spread but these are all over the grass and footpaths. We have a landscaped garden so they need to be removed or the lawn spoils.

• Like 1