6 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I'd put the bad air more like 7 months of the year.  I've been here for almost 20 years, so know how the cycle works.

And when it's bad in Chonburi, it's because of burns.  Happening now.  Can't even see Koh Larn.  Sucks.

I've been through CM when you couldn't see 500M in front of you.  Just smoke haze.

I don't put too much trust in those air quality readings.  They can easily be manipulated.  Like they do in China.

Chiang mai is quite different because of the mountains surrounding the city and the smoke gets stuck there longer than most other places. 

Can you call it a topagrafic phenomen?

• Like 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to move into civilization and stop playing "me Tarzan you Jane"...we have trash pickup in the civilized world...and running water too

95 percent of household  rubbish can be recycled . Plastic bags and  plastic wrappings is all you should be left with . That can be stored in bags until you can dispose of it without burning .  G

Then, I can tell you one thing, or first ask you, what do you think thos you pay to take away your garbage do to it? Anyone know where their garbage goes after it is taken away from you by the village

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tagged said:

Chiang mai is quite different because of the mountains surrounding the city and the smoke gets stuck there longer than most other places. 

Can you call it a topagrafic phenomen?

There is no doupt burning is a problem, we all aggree to that, but there have always been natural fires in these areas but these days there is more field and garbage  fires than there is forrest fires. Thailand have lost 70`% of their forrests the last 1000 years, and only in the last 50 years or so 40%. 

So it is quite horrible to think of, we pollute more and burn the same almost as when the country was covered by more forrest. 

• Sad 1
19 minutes ago, Tagged said:

There is no doupt burning is a problem, we all aggree to that, but there have always been natural fires in these areas but these days there is more field and garbage  fires than there is forrest fires. Thailand have lost 70`% of their forrests the last 1000 years, and only in the last 50 years or so 40%. 

So it is quite horrible to think of, we pollute more and burn the same almost as when the country was covered by more forrest. 

Yeah, it sucks how they treat the environment here.  Trash everywhere, polluted water, polluted air.  The countries who dump the most amount of plastics into the ocean are all here in Asia.  Something needs to change.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Jeffr2 said:

Yeah, it sucks how they treat the environment here.  Trash everywhere, polluted water, polluted air.  The countries who dump the most amount of plastics into the ocean are all here in Asia.  Something needs to change.

All over the world it have been a problem, and still is. Old natural forrest is quite different from planted and cultivated forrests. I have been driving motorbike around thailand in quite som few years now, and the difference you feel when you drive in to old jungle, rainforrests compare to cultivated forrests is quite difference in humidity and temperatur. Natures own aircondition system is braking down by logging and cultivating. Natures lounges 

plastic is the worst invention ever. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tagged said:

All over the world it have been a problem, and still is. Old natural forrest is quite different from planted and cultivated forrests. I have been driving motorbike around thailand in quite som few years now, and the difference you feel when you drive in to old jungle, rainforrests compare to cultivated forrests is quite difference in humidity and temperatur. Natures own aircondition system is braking down by logging and cultivating. Natures lounges 

plastic is the worst invention ever. 

Well put!!!!  I try hard not to use anything plastic.  One reason I've backed off Lazada.  Everything comes wrapped in layers of plastic.  If I can get that item locally, I do so.

Fingers crossed future governments here will realize what a beautiful country they have (had) and start acting to protect it for future generations.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

Haven't read the whole thread, but wouldn't a compactor help? Just for the plastics etc

If we had somewhere to deliver it where they could handle it propely. 

We are not burning anything at the moment, since it is enough smoke around here from the field burning, and my neighbour also think it is a good time to start making charcoal as well from his eucalyptus trees he just chopped down. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

I do find it amusing the amount that when  guy it attempting to buy an incinerator to burn trash cleaner and more efficiently than burning it in a pile, he's given a lot of grief by people who have the city pick up there garbage and haul it away.

• Like 2