Jump to content

Landlady refusing to give 130,000 baht deposit back after moving out-what can I do?


Recommended Posts

Go to Police and tell the Facts. They normally help in such cases! My Experience: Once my Landlord came with the "have no Money" Story. After Police called him, he came to pay 120k cash! Alternatively you can sell the bill to your local Loanshark..... 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For 9 years here, it was only once, when the landlord tried to keep the deposit (75k), fixed by one call to my friend in the police. Got my money 15 minutes after.    You should go to police

If you gave her a 130,000 baht deposit........than means you either paying 130k baht a month or 65k/month...........Jesus!!! Why so much? Where are you staying, the royal palace?   For Thail

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/05/16/thai-law-landlord-not-playing-by-new-rules-heres-what-to-do/

On 1/13/2021 at 4:05 PM, mangyH2obuffalo said:

I moved out the end of August.  The place was arranged by an agency, so I guess they will file some lawsuit or something on my behalf.  Is there anything I can do to have more teeth?  I had remembered someone saying before I could tell her I am going to file a complaint with such and such agency because most property owners don't pay their taxes and notifying such and such agency would put a squeeze on her to give me my money back.

 

I want to name and shame but the defamation law here could bite me.  Maybe when I leave the country I will before I relocate.

 

 A rich girl who mommy and daddy gave a property to rent out.  She is horrible with money and wrote us a threatening letter after we paid the first months rent.  We paid it on time according to the date written in the contract and had to show her.......a real idiot.  In our last month there she constantly sent potential new buyers to our place without any notice.  These things are a bit off topic, but add to the anger of her overall behavior.......

 

Anyways, if you have been in this situation or know what to do please share.......please 130,000 baht is a lot of money. 😞   It was a nice apartment arranged by my wife's employer.

First make a written police report and you should have taken pictures of the property 

Then go to a cheap lawyer send her a letter 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VyacheslavKHV said:

For 9 years here, it was only once, when the landlord tried to keep the deposit (75k), fixed by one call to my friend in the police. Got my money 15 minutes after. 

 

You should go to police,  better with Thai friend. Explain them situation and offer tips. Will be done faster than you can imagine.  

If you don't have any, PM me i will give you my guy contact,  he will help. 

 

Its the way to go,,,,

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That is an astonishingly high deposit. Wow. Have your attorney draft a letter, threatening to sue her. A good place to start. Ask her earnestly, if she has anything of value, to give you in lieu of the debt. Gold, a used car, etc. If not, stay on her like white on rice. In the past I have had people who owed me money. Nearly always, I was able to collect. Rarely did I ever go to court. I kept up relentless pressure on them. I used social media, I used their relatives, their tenants, whatever angle I could find to increase the pressure, increase the hurt, the shame, the embarrassment, the guilt. It nearly always works. The last thing in the world you should do is take off the pressure. Keep on hammering her, in every way imaginable. She will likely succumb. It is very likely she has the money, or can easily get her hands on the money, to take care of her legal obligation to you, but she likely thinks you do not have much recourse, and you will back down. 

 

The last guy who tried to steal some money from me, when he paid me back in cash, in full, told me that the only reason I got my money back, is that he needed to get his life back. It became a game for me. It looks two full years. But, it was almost fun, by the end. A real challenge. 

Now it is forbidden to talk about this issues in social media. For example mention the depth on Facebook. It is forbidden to make them loose their face.  So I think it is harder now. Maybe go to their workplace and stand outside things like that is still not forbidden. But that takes more of your time.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you in the end not get your money back then maybe you can talk with her about the taxes she need to pay for that income.  Talk with the tax agency because she has for sure not mentioned that money or the rent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 12:19 AM, mangyH2obuffalo said:

She simply says that she doesn't have the money.

Tell her then to just give you the keys for her BMW and BENZ till she gets the money for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

of course you have a receipt,

then write her your demand without threats.

you want to resolve this peacefully,

if she refuse, get a lawyer and go to court.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 3:05 PM, mangyH2obuffalo said:

I moved out the end of August.  The place was arranged by an agency, so I guess they will file some lawsuit or something on my behalf.  Is there anything I can do to have more teeth?  I had remembered someone saying before I could tell her I am going to file a complaint with such and such agency because most property owners don't pay their taxes and notifying such and such agency would put a squeeze on her to give me my money back.

 

I want to name and shame but the defamation law here could bite me.  Maybe when I leave the country I will before I relocate.

 

 A rich girl who mommy and daddy gave a property to rent out.  She is horrible with money and wrote us a threatening letter after we paid the first months rent.  We paid it on time according to the date written in the contract and had to show her.......a real idiot.  In our last month there she constantly sent potential new buyers to our place without any notice.  These things are a bit off topic, but add to the anger of her overall behavior.......

 

Anyways, if you have been in this situation or know what to do please share.......please 130,000 baht is a lot of money. 😞   It was a nice apartment arranged by my wife's employer.

Can just file a civil case. Easy to do with a Thai lawyer for 20,000 you can come to an arrangement. There is nothing to do with defamation. Until it goes to an appeal court then past  to a criminal case. Which would never happen for a deposit. I hope it was a nice penthouse for that deposit. With corvid many court are closed and cases are postponed. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Captor said:

If you in the end not get your money back then maybe you can talk with her about the taxes she need to pay for that income.  Talk with the tax agency because she has for sure not mentioned that money or the rent.

Your responsible for giving 10 percent withholding tax each month. She  can sue you for that if its in your contract. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...