Landlady refusing to give 130,000 baht deposit back after moving out-what can I do?

On 1/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, Pilotman said:

As I have written previously, you need to forget about any deposit that you pay.  Divide that deposit amount by the number of months that you are in the rented property and look upon that as the actual realistic rent. If you get some thing back then good, but often you will not. From what I can tell, anecdotally,  farang owners will normally be quite straight with you,  but far too many Thai owners are no more than thieves, as they know that you have no real recourse in law. Forget it and move on. 

You may well have written previously that you need to forget about any deposit, and that may well have been your personal experience, but I certainly isn't mine.

I've rented three condos in Bangkok and a house in Hua Hin, three from Thais and one from a European, in each case our deposits were returned promptly when we moved and without question, on the last occasion the Thai owner instigated a bank transfer on the spot.

I note that you're only citing anecdotal evidence, so no first hand knowledge then, just rumours?

• Like 2
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For 9 years here, it was only once, when the landlord tried to keep the deposit (75k), fixed by one call to my friend in the police. Got my money 15 minutes after.    You should go to police

If you gave her a 130,000 baht deposit........than means you either paying 130k baht a month or 65k/month...........Jesus!!! Why so much? Where are you staying, the royal palace?   For Thail

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/05/16/thai-law-landlord-not-playing-by-new-rules-heres-what-to-do/

She's spent the money....... Iike the Thai guy who smashed into back of my pick up truck   with no Insurance,  i took him to court  he pleaded,  " I have no money,   and no job"..i ended up  paying for my own truck to be fixed.... 65.000baht, ....That was not the first time this has happened too ...

On 1/16/2021 at 7:31 AM, PGSan said:

Please can you tell us which law this is? 

On 1/16/2021 at 7:33 AM, jomtienisgood said:

Murphy's Law..

And as a last resort Sods Law usually does the trick...:clap2:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, actonion said:

She's spent the money....... Iike the Thai guy who smashed into back of my pick up truck   with no Insurance,  i took him to court  he pleaded,  " I have no money,   and no job"..i ended up  paying for my own truck to be fixed.... 65.000baht, ....That was not the first time this has happened too ...

Big problem in Thailand no insurance it happened to me mine 100k and he did a runner, he was seen so we was able to track him down and his family paid,