What is the name of the paper you need to get from immigration to get a driver's license renewed

2 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

If you've got a yellow book that will work in lieu of a Certificate of Residence. Renewed my DL last month with it in Udon

For info - Pattaya DLT do not accept   yellow book. Work permit or Cert of Residence.

fyi;

i think you can not renew ur drives license currently in Pattaya, you better check

https://thepattayanews.com/2020/05/06/new-thai-drivers-licenses-and-renewal-services-suspended-until-further-notice/

here in phuket they are NOT allowing anyone to do renewals as they are closed cause of covid.

They tell ya to call them after April 1st 

Good luck

17 hours ago, Bigz said:

Yes. Just get a 40-50 baht certificate from a local private mini clinic.

NOT correct. You don't need it for a 5 years renewal. And medical certificate as you mention is not valid anymore. It's the new version that has to be issued by a Dr. mentioning you don't suffer several diseases......

4 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

NOT correct. You don't need it for a 5 years renewal. And medical certificate as you mention is not valid anymore. It's the new version that has to be issued by a Dr. mentioning you don't suffer several diseases......

I was asked for one when I did my 5 years in October. And the certificate was from a small 40 baht clinic, obviously stating that no diseases. Each province seems to have its own rules. 

They charge 100 baht here in Nakhon Phanom

Going to get my one on Monday, after i have done my  visit to the immigration to get this certificate

Been trying to renew my licence since November , fingers crossed for next Monday 

8 times to Immigration

4 Times to DLT

4 medicals at 100 baht a time 

At Phayao licence office, I renewed last year, and I do not recall needed any paper o medical, just passport and old licence.

When I first got a licence, I only needed medical from local clinic (nonsense medical; took blood pressure and asked if I ever felt giddy! the issued some paper for 100Baht)   Only other documents needed were passport and UK driving licence.  Photos were take at licence office.

Driving ability did not appear to be a required qualification.

This would be funny if it was not so pathetic.

Look at all the responses. All inconsistent, but all correct for their office. All experience from the people. We all know this is unacceptable to have a different rule and procedure in each office. One would think that should be one consistent policy, but no.

This is the cost of corruption.

Archived