Travel documents

splodger

Just now, splodger said:

Hello,I've got to go to hospital in Bangkok from Pattaya and back on the same day where do i get travel documents?

Thanks 

Apparently the local Amphur or  district office for your area .

I did one yesterday at the Local office where I am just at this time 

This was in the Pattaya City Expats Club's latest Newsletter:

A Government Document approving travel is required and can be obtained from the Banglamung District Office or, for Pattaya Residents at Pattaya City Hall first floor of Building 2 (click here for The Pattaya News article). You will need photo ID and evidence supporting the essential nature of the trip, e.g. hospital appointment slip – Click here for Form – currently available only in Thai

Went today, east side of Pattaya city hall at the back, ground level; several stations in the process, lots of stamping at the end, if you download the form don’t print it double sided or else you’ll have to fill separate pages, staff was very polite, helpful, and knowledgeable. I had my passport photocopied, my wife her ID card. I brought a copy of the hospital appointment though I wasn’t asked to show it. Do have the name and address of where you’re going, not ‘Soi Cowboy’ or the like. Pretty fast too although you might have to sit down and wait for a desk to open up. They keep one page and give you the other; bring it on your trip.

What kind of extra document if any do I need to drive directly from the ASQ hotel in Bangkok to my rented apartment in Pattaya?

I asked the ASQ, they only provide the two negative Covid tests and the certificate of ASQ.
A Pattaya taxi service confirmed my taxi reservation without any special notice.
I have a Pattaya address on my driving license and a copy of the rental contract, an old TM30 from 2019, my extension of stay is from Jomtien immigration and should be extended end of January...
In my opinion this should suffice in case of a control but I learned long ago I have a strange farang logic.

City Hall documents in hand, yesterday we taxied to Bangkok and back, usual route, no indication that vehicles were being stopped. None-the-less, we’ll get Letters of Transit if we need another trip under current regulations.

I've recently driven central thailand to Pattaya and back through 8-10 provinces, no check points anywhere.

No issue at all getting into  or out of Pattaya.

I'd suggest no paperwork required, rumour has it the reason this was put in place was merely as a deterrent to reduce people travelling coz most are too lazy to get the paperwork.

Roads are still very quiet, it's great.