5 Police Generals Embezzled COVID Allowances

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Apart from disciplinary action by the Royal Thai Police Office, some corrupt policemen could face criminal action by the National Anti-Corruption Commission, he said. (TNA)

Amazing Thailand.

In a normal country, they would declare: "ALL corrupt policemen WILL face criminal action"

SOME countries have the death penalty for corruption. Worth a try.

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Amazing Thailand.  Inactive posts or termination and forfeit of their retirements.  Which one will it be, or swept under the rug as a misunderstanding.  You can not make this up.  Such a corrupt nation, its no wonder the common people have nothing for their future and why the students are protesting.  Guess with Covid no one was able to buy their promotions so the upper echelon needed the money themselves that they would normally get and disenfranchised all of the subordinates.

Im surprised that these people have even been found to have embezzled money being they are quite high in the chain of command.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Apart from disciplinary action by the Royal Thai Police Office, some corrupt policemen could face criminal action by the National Anti-Corruption Commission, he said. (TNA)

Amazing Thailand.

In a normal country, they would declare: "ALL corrupt policemen WILL face criminal action"

But but but, they don't understand the law (even though they are the law) so should be excused from any wrong doing. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Asquith Production said:

Im surprised that these people have even been found to have embezzled money being they are quite high in the chain of command.

These are unprecedented times, with COVID.

Inactive posts and back to business as usual shortly.

• Like 2

A post bringing the King into the discussion has been removed as per the following forum rule:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

A post with an animated trolling meme has been removed. 

A post using Thai language without a translation has been removed. 

Suspend the lot with NO PAY and then terminate them on HALF Pension for the rest of their life. 

AND make them  'Personna non grata ' at ALL RTP establishments.

Send a message to others. 

Edited by Khun Paul
spelling mistake
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Khun Paul said:

Suspend the lot with NO PAY and then terminate them on HALF Pension for the rest of their life. 

AND make them  'Personna non grata ' at ALL RTP establishments.

Send a message to others. 

I don't think that will work! The message is clear.....wear (buy) the uniform, reap the benefits!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Five police generals and 48 police colonels are among 189 policemen found embezzling the COVID-19 allowances of their subordinates.

To serve & protect... something got lost in the training.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, madmitch said:

They just can't help it, can they?

How  many bosses in Western countries would steal the overtime pay or bonuses of their staff?

They should all be sacked. No inactive posts.

Agree with you however... 

nothing really new about Western bosses stealing... heres but one example:

1991 Newspaper magnet Robert Maxwell mysterious death but... “His death on 5 November 1991 shocked the country. Shock turned to anger within weeks when a £460m hole was discovered in the pension funds of his companies.”

• Haha 1

They have to start somewhere, and I'm impressed that this dirty linen is being washed in such public view. And I don't care if the penalties are not severe, this still seems like a new turn of events. Corruption is the system, but like the old saying crime doesn't pay, it's not a sustainable business model in the modern world in the long run. Unless of course China completely takes over the world, then that's a different matter.

To paraphrase Cato the Elder: China delenda est.

16 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The only hope for Thailand is to completely disband the police force and start again (I believe Hong Kong did something similar decades ago). But they would also need to do the same with the army otherwise they would just move in and fill the void.

With What/Who would they Replace them? In Aus  when the young cops start they get Transferred  to another city /town every 2 years so that they can't get a real foot hold in their district for corruption.  

• Like 1

Just now, 2530Ubon said:

If they can't look after their own, how can we expect them to look after the general public? Time they were all sacked and replaced with trustworthy and reliable officers.

To be honest I don’t mind the thai style of law. 

If Red Bull bloke had deliberately killed the copper it would have been different. But it was an accident, not intent. 

Again, I couldn’t care less, but many members on this forum seem to have a love for the police that I can’t understand.

He didn’t mean it, he paid off the coppers family and apologized, which is better for everyone, the family gets some cash, Red Bull gets his freedom, and the coppers get a windfall for organizing it. 
A win, win, win. Everybody happy and a good way to sort an unfortunate accident.

Throw him in jail, he wastes years of his life, the family get nothing, the coppers miss out on their windfall and the taxpayer has to house and feed him. 
A lose, lose, lose, lose. 

The thai system makes more sense. Everyone is a winner. Sending him to jail isn’t going to bring the copper back to life. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

The family still get their payout regardless of whether or not he goes to jail.

They get more if they “forgive” him.

House and feed him in a Thai jail... Have you seen the state of those prisons?

Still costs money. The thai jails do a very good job of keeping costs down though.

The rich and powerful should be subject to the same rules as those who don't have cash - otherwise it's just a lawless society. I'm rich and this guy just annoyed me. Kill him in cold blood and pay a pittance to his family... No justice, everyone loses.

He didn’t kill him in cold blood. It was an accident. A big difference. The copper was walking on a motorway at night.

I kind of like knowing that there is an option if I have an unfortunate accident.

I have paid my way out of drink driving before. Learnt my lesson and actually hadn’t planned to drive that night anyway because of drinking, but the bloke I had earlier organized to drive my car home let me down. Still, it was a bad decision.

Copper wanted 20,000. But I only had 7,000 on me and he took it.

Pattaya, corner of Pattaya Tai and Second Road. 4 years ago.

He was happy, I avoided a night locked up in a cell with yaba affected horny ladyboys and a court appearance the next morning. 
Win win. No harm done.

• Sad 3