Thailand sees cleaner air as winter breeze blows

snoop1130

Thailand sees cleaner air as winter breeze blows

68978f59a810ae3fad64dac9489b8633_small.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - The current PM2.5 situation in Thailand is now good, as the winter breeze that comes with high pressure from China is arriving in Thailand. However, PM2.5 might accumulate after January 15 because the breeze will lose strength in this region.

The Center for Air Pollution Mitigation, or CAPM, revealed that today, January 12, the overall weather in Thailand is good. The PM2.5 volume is under the safety standard and considered moderate to excellent quality.

However, Pak Phriao sub-district of Saraburi province is the only place to see higher PM2.5 levels. The center suggested citizens in the area avoid activities in open areas and to wear a face mask.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-01-13

• Haha 1

Last night I was looking out at the night sky in Na Jomtien and saw a strange blinky thing, thinking it might have been a ufo or drone. I broke out the binoculars and damned if it wasn't the clearest vision of a star blinking blue/red/white.

Edited by J Town
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brommers said:

Good morning from Chiang Mai, where it is 13Celsius and the AQI in my area is 154 a d the pm2,5 level is 61,1. Seems like our 2 days of cleaner air are over. But then we are not surprised because 5 minutes from my house the rice farmer is busy burning huge amounts of biomass. Luckily our governor is committed to clean air and is no doubt already on his way with a bucket of water to douse this fire and many others.

Nice breeze on Tuesday cleared the Chiang Mai smoke.  Yesterday, no wind, & hence, last night, back to normal ????

• Sad 1