YouTube suspends Trump's channel after violating policy on inciting violence

snoop1130

YouTube suspends Trump's channel after violating policy on inciting violence

2021-01-13T072324Z_1_LYNXMPEH0C0FN_RTROPTP_4_USA-ELECTION-YOUTUBE-TRUMP.JPG

FILE PHOTO: YouTube logo at the YouTube Space LA in Playa Del Rey, Los Angeles, California, United States October 21, 2015. REUTERS/Lucy Nicholson/File Photo

(Reuters) - Alphabet Inc's YouTube said on Tuesday it has suspended Donald Trump's channel as it violated policies for inciting violence after last week's assault on the U.S. Capitol by the president's supporters.

Online platforms and social media companies are distancing themselves from, and taking action against, those that encouraged or engaged in the violence in Washington, DC.

Trump's channel is now prevented from uploading new videos or livestreams for a minimum of seven days, which may be extended, Youtube said in a statement.

The company has also indefinitely disabled comments under videos on the channel.

The suspension of Trump's channel came after comments that he made at a news conference, which was streamed on the platform on Tuesday morning, the company said.

Youtube's action against the president comes after U.S. civil rights groups told Reuters that they were set to organize an advertiser boycott against the company if it does not remove Trump's channel.

Supporters of Trump stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, trying to halt the certification by Congress of President-elect Joe Biden's election win.

Trump, who has challenged the validity of Biden's victory without producing evidence, initially praised his supporters but later condemned the violence.

Lawmakers were forced to flee as the building was mobbed by protesters who overwhelmed security forces. Five people died in the violence, including one Capitol Police officer.

After the incident, Twitter and Facebook removed Trump's accounts and have been eliminating content supporting last week's assault, while Amazon.com Inc suspended Parler, a social media platform favored by many supporters of Trump, from its web hosting service.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-01-13

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, heybruce said:

I read somewhere that impeachment will remove all his benefits, including the pension and secret service protection provided to former Presidents.  I'm not certain of this.

I hope that the Democrats wouldn't do anything so politically inept.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, heybruce said:

I read somewhere that impeachment will remove all his benefits, including the pension and secret service protection provided to former Presidents.  I'm not certain of this.

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

I hope that the Democrats wouldn't do anything so politically inept.

They will. They're operating on pure emotion now, no rational thought whatsoever.

• Confused 2

24 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

He did so in the same world where widespread voter fraud and aliens eating little children in pizza shop basements exist. 

It is an oft claimed "fact" that more Americans have been "probed" (this way and that) by Aliens then any other population on Earth-either individually or collectively.

The only other clue we have thus far is a rather strident radio message originating somewhere in the Bulldust Cluster which baldly declares..

"DO NOT TAKE US TO YOUR LEADER"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, heybruce said:

Let's see:

"They rigged it like they’ve never rigged an election before. ... We will stop the steal.”

"We fight like hell. And if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/heres-what-trump-told-his-supporters-before-many-of-them-stormed-the-capitol-wednesday/ar-BB1cx0zN

Where was the word "peaceful" used?

Hard to argue with Trump supporters who only get their news from the fake news right wing outlets and social media sites!

I had one the other day send me a video of ballots being stolen.  Yup.  It was fake, but they wouldn't accept that.  Stunning.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1