Thai Visa Forum

U.S. Topic -- President Biden's Covid Stimulus Plan Includes Temporary $200 Monthly Raise in Social Security

11 minutes ago, frantick said:

USA Debt: $27,000,000,000,000

My Debt: $0

Looks like mama taught me well.

Cutesy plays well in a 12 year old girl.

In a grown ass man... not so much.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am on social security.  My first question would be why?  Of anyone who has been relatively unaffected financially by the Covid pandemic it is retired people.  Retired people, me included have got th

This is at the policy proposal stage only.  My understanding is that it will be retroactive to January 2021 if passed and the time span will be one year. I wouldn't spend the extra money yet

The point is that those impacted by Covid have lost their income stream.  Those on social security have not.  Additionally, giving it to seniors does not guarantee it will get spent.  Some will just t

13 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Cutesy plays well in a 12 year old girl.

In a grown ass man... not so much.

Let's wait a few years and see how this plays out. Then maybe we can have a grown-up conversation.

2 hours ago, cdemundo said:

This has been floated earlier in the year, don't know if it is still considered a live option.

I think it was floated earlier last year (March, 2020). And the OP on this thread seems more like a Biden campaign proposal.

I've searched a bit to see if this is in the current $1.9T proposal, haven't found it (it could be there). Most talk is about $1,400 (in) and $15/hr min wage (out).

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think it was floated earlier last year (March, 2020). And the OP on this thread seems more like a Biden campaign proposal.

I've searched a bit to see if this is in the current $1.9T proposal, haven't found it (it could be there). Most talk is about $1,400 (in) and $15/hr min wage (out).

Yes you're right it was last year.  As I said, I don't know if it is still being considered. 

7 minutes ago, statman78 said:

according to this video, the $200/mo was not in the final proposal.

That video is from January 16, 2021. Are you certain it reflects the current situation?

As I said previously...

On 2/6/2021 at 1:57 PM, mtls2005 said:

so it may well be accurate.

I guess we should wait until the House and Senate actually "reconcile" something?

• Like 1

I'm sure Jamie Dimon will get $200 million a month before I see an extra $200 a month. 

Edited by connda

My Thai wife and I received a $600 check from uncle sugar in the Thai snail mail today . We didn't qualify for the last one after Trump nixed money for any American filing a joint tax return with a foreign national (real xenophobe, that one. glad he's history). Is there more to come?