U.S. Topic -- President Biden's Covid Stimulus Plan Includes Temporary $200 Monthly Raise in Social Security

2 hours ago, cdemundo said:

This has been floated earlier in the year, don't know if it is still considered a live option.

I think it was floated earlier last year (March, 2020). And the OP on this thread seems more like a Biden campaign proposal.

I've searched a bit to see if this is in the current $1.9T proposal, haven't found it (it could be there). Most talk is about $1,400 (in) and $15/hr min wage (out).

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think it was floated earlier last year (March, 2020). And the OP on this thread seems more like a Biden campaign proposal.

I've searched a bit to see if this is in the current $1.9T proposal, haven't found it (it could be there). Most talk is about $1,400 (in) and $15/hr min wage (out).

Yes you're right it was last year.  As I said, I don't know if it is still being considered. 

7 minutes ago, statman78 said:

according to this video, the $200/mo was not in the final proposal.

That video is from January 16, 2021. Are you certain it reflects the current situation?

As I said previously...

On 2/6/2021 at 1:57 PM, mtls2005 said:

so it may well be accurate.

I guess we should wait until the House and Senate actually "reconcile" something?

• Like 1