Which diesel you're using / recommending?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The cheapest.

We almost exclusively use PTT fuels, mainly because it's the closest station but additionally I get 12.5% cash-back when using my Citi Prestige Visa card.   Our old Ranger gets the regular B

Palm oil is used primarily to blend with diesel fuel and palm oil is a solvent. It is good on the one hand in that it can clean your engine internally but it is bad in that the dirt accumulated in pro

4 hours ago, PGSan said:

What calculator is this?   Sounds more like fuel consumption than miles that it calculates, or am I missing something?  

The automated, digital dashboard calculator that Ford programs to give drivers a 3 or 4-digit "Km till empty" number on the dashboard. A digital fuel tank gauge.

For example, when it shows a number that's less than 10 km, I pull into the pump station, stick 1000 bahts worth of go-juice in the tank and it then shows a number round about 498 km.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I always use PTT they do 2 now just labeled diesel & B7. 

Use to use B10 when they had it as that was the cheapest at the time. 

At all the PTT's around Udon, most pumps offer B7 which is flagged as B7. Some have one or two pumps flagged with a slightly darker blue diesel sign which is the cheaper B10.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

At all the PTT's around Udon, most pumps offer B7 which is flagged as B7. Some have one or two pumps flagged with a slightly darker blue diesel sign which is the cheaper B10.

Thanks same in Suk didn't know it was B10 don't why they don't label it like before as B10.

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thanks same in Suk didn't know it was B10 don't why they don't label it like before as B10.

It looks like maybe they have a stockpile of the more expensive B7 they want to offload first?

My nearest PTT pump station up here has only two B10 pumps while the other 10 pumps are B7. Be interesting to know the B7/B10 pump ratio at your local PTT in Bangkok.

14 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe it’s been talked about already. I mentioned it on the first page, but you gotta be observant because Thailand changed their fuel classes to support the palm oil industry. 

NOW the dark blue “Diesel” signs are SUPPOSED to all mean B10 as standard. Previously the dark blue signs meant B7. 

In practice it’s all over the place and you really gotta look at the individual pumps themselves for the blend you want. In my little town, the signage is still all over the place. One side of the station says “Diesel” but it’s B7 and the other side says the same but it’s written B10. 

Rather annoying when it all rolled out. 

11 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thai regs changed. Diesel means B10 now. Used to mean B7. 

Still gotta watch out though, doesn’t mean the hands at the pumps know what’s going on or the signage is correct. 

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It looks like maybe they have a stockpile of the more expensive B7 they want to offload first?

My nearest PTT pump station up here has only two B10 pumps while the other 10 pumps are B7. Be interesting to know the B7/B10 pump ratio at your local PTT in Bangkok.

I don't think PTT in our area off loading they are trying to standardize the diesel they sell after monitoring sales of whats sold.

They have stopped selling B20 because it wasn't selling because although the cheapest not many older diesel engine vehicles could use it.

My Isuzu 1.9 could and I think some late diesel engine models can to but many other diesel engines need adjustment, that's if they can be adjusted.

B7 has always been the norm for diesel.

B10 can be used in most diesel engines and only about 1 baht more than B20.

21 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

One side of the station says “Diesel” but it’s B7 and the other side says the same but it’s written B10. 

Rather annoying when it all rolled out. 

Use the cheapest side of the pump. 😂

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Mama Noodle said:

Thai regs changed. Diesel means B10 now. Used to mean B7. 

Still gotta watch out though, doesn’t mean the hands at the pumps know what’s going on or the signage is correct. 

Not a big problem to use either in diesel motors but B20 can be.

On 1/16/2021 at 3:40 PM, SiamRead said:

By the way, what vehicle you use that have a mpg reading ?

my vehicle dashboard shows metric units, i just like using imperial units sometimes.  miles per gallon,  zero to sixty mph, a forty ouncer, and the like.

Edited by Telluride