Jump to content

New Car Park at T21


Recommended Posts

Reading about plans to build a new Multi-Storey Car Park, with a budget of 400 million baht, on the grounds of Terminal 21, that will hold 1400 vehicles.

 

They think this will alleviate the traffic problems when they close off Beach Road for Special Events.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

Reading about plans to build a new Multi-Storey Car Park, with a budget of 400 million baht, on the grounds of Terminal 21, that will hold 1400 vehicles.

 

They think this will alleviate the traffic problems when they close off Beach Road for Special Events.

Well the only physical space is in front of the building where the aircraft is on the Nua side. That would be a rather ugly thing to view driving into Pattaya that way....

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Reading about plans to build a new Multi-Storey Car Park, with a budget of 400 million baht, on the grounds of Terminal 21, that will hold 1400 vehicles.

 

They think this will alleviate the traffic problems when they close off Beach Road for Special Events.

I thought they were going to redo the promenade on beach road and have loads of new parking spaces along with underground toilets.......The news seems to have gone quiet about this project...... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Well the only physical space is in front of the building where the aircraft is on the Nua side. That would be a rather ugly thing to view driving into Pattaya that way....

 

Correct, that is where it will go.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Correct, that is where it will go.

 

The news thread says outside Foodland which is at the other end, but there's not much space there.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Maybe the monoral will have a stop at the parking garage....

 

Why the need to build a parking garage if they are going to build a monorail with a stop at T21, unless....................................

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leaver said:

 

Why the need to build a parking garage if they are going to build a monorail with a stop at T21, unless....................................

 

Go back and read the opening piece.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TaaSaparot said:

 

Go back and read the opening piece.

 

Question still stands.

 

If they truly are going to build a half decent public transport system here, there will be no need for people to drive to events on Beach Road.  

 

Their car / bike can remain in their hotel and they can get the train into the Beach Road area, unless................................

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Leaver said:

Their car / bike can remain in their hotel and they can get the train into the Beach Road area, unless................................

Although there are quite a lot of hotels close to the Beach Rd... last Fireworks festival many of those hotel car parks were selling spaces... didn't alleviate traffic, more the opposite. My truck stayed at the Thai Garden Resort and getting there will not be made easier by a huge multistory slowing down North road. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Although there are quite a lot of hotels close to the Beach Rd... last Fireworks festival many of those hotel car parks were selling spaces... didn't alleviate traffic, more the opposite. My truck stayed at the Thai Garden Resort and getting there will not be made easier by a huge multistory slowing down North road. 

       If the city built parking garages on North Pattaya road--or even some surface parking lots--it could eliminate the parking lanes on both sides, adding another traffic lane in both directions.  There's certainly empty land in spots and old, unused buildings that could be taken down. With two extra traffic lanes and better traffic signals and turning lanes, I think traffic would be 'made easier'.  

     As for the new T21 parking garage, I only had trouble parking at T21 once--that was opening day.  I fail to see the need for a new parking garage right on the T21 site.  However, there is a surface parking lot across the side street and up a ways towards Marina that I believe T21 uses for extra parking and I could see a parking garage in that space.  T21 could partner with the city and share costs with some floors reserved for T21 and other floors for general parking use.  A parking garage there could eliminate the street parking on the street in that area and make traffic flow better there, too.  I'm talking about the street that Big Eye and the large housewares market is on, can't remember the name.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

They have clearly never heard of 'Park and Ride'.  They just seek to cram as many vehicles into an inadequate City road system as they can.  No vision, no planning talent, no real interest, no brains. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, newnative said:

-it could eliminate the parking lanes on both sides, adding another traffic lane in both directions. 

Optimistic.... that approach has been necessary for decades, and also applies to Pattaya Klang and Tai.... not even when Klang was closed off during tunnel construction, was parking stopped on Nua....no!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Optimistic.... that approach has been necessary for decades, and also applies to Pattaya Klang and Tai.... not even when Klang was closed off during tunnel construction, was parking stopped on Nua....no!

Hope springs eternal.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...