PM Prayut - Government can handle COVID-19 outbreak

webfact

PM.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Tuesday (Jan 12), the Prime Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, posted a message on Facebook discussing efforts to address the second wave of the COVID-19 outbreak, while saying that the government is more prepared than in the first wave, in terms of medical equipment and supplies and hospitals. Members of the public also have a better understanding of ways to protect themselves and most people are complying with measures, as advised by the government.

Although Thailand has recorded three-figure new cases daily in the second outbreak, the rate remains stable, showing that the spread has initially been contained. However, it will take some time for the figures to drop.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has been instructed to expedite the COVID-19 vaccine approval. Once the doses arrive in Thailand, they can be administered to the people immediately. The Ministry of Public Health has prepared a vaccination plan based on each level of risk, which complies with international practices. The first group will comprise medical personnel, the elderly, people with congenital diseases and residents in high-risk areas.

The government is seeking measures to mitigate the effects on entrepreneurs, employees and other workers, who are struggling financially due to the outbreak, especially those living in areas declared as a red zones. The government is assessing the situation and the issue should be resolved by the end of this month. More assistance will be provided, in addition to the government’s half-half co-payment scheme, the We Travel Together campaign, subsidies for state welfare card holders, as well as new measures approved by the cabinet yesterday.

The government’s reserves are still enough to support the economy at this time, while the residue of the 1-trillion-baht emergency loan decree stands at about 490 billion baht. There is another 130 billion baht reserved for emergencies. The amount is from the central budget for fiscal year 2021. As a result, there are no financial issues, as the government still has about 600 billion baht in reserves. The government has to make sure its spending is efficient, accurate and timely.

The Prime Minister urged people to rest assured that the government is capable, and that it is important for them to work together, so that successful outcomes can be achieved, as in the first outbreak.

nnt.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

The government has to make sure its spending is efficient, accurate and timely. But a fail fail fail up until now though ????

Yes I'd like my brown envelope containing 100,000thb delivered in 1,000 baht notes delivered at exactly 4pm on the 1st of the month to my home address as stated in the ministry register

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Members of the public also have a better understanding of ways to protect themselves and most people are complying with measures, as advised by the government

Yet when I see people in my area [red zone] Thais still not wearing masks, no social distancing, no name recording, I wonder what would they all do if this "understanding" was mandatory?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Yet when I see people in my area [red zone] Thais still not wearing masks, no social distancing, no name recording, I wonder what would they all do if this "understanding" was mandatory?

Unless there's someone pointing at gun at some of those thick heads, it will still be a right carry on, matron.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Can Facebook block this guy from his account? ????

The people who run Facebook are even more incompetent than this unelected "PM". They banned me for three days

for referring to people who take part in terrorist activities as a four letter word starting with s and ending with m.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Is... 'handling'.... the COVID-19 outbreak...'today'...the same as having it 100% under control....a year ago?

January 27, 2020

Thailand’s PM assures coronavirus situation is “100% under control”

100% II - Copy.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has assured the public that the novel coronavirus situation in Thailand is “100% under control” and that he will personally take charge of overseeing the operations of all related agencies to deal with the virus

Edited by Hayduke

I think that it would be an excellent show of "financial-solidarity" with The Little People if The Members of The Lower and Upper Houses were to forego their salaries for the duration of the period of The State-of-Emergency.

[  --  But (unfortunately) it's (probably) unlikely that that would happen.]  

Edited by andersonat