House impeaches Trump after U.S. Capitol siege; his fate in Senate hands

webfact

51 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

Stop posting misinformation.  Or, provide a link showing he'll be tried by a kangaroo court.

P.S. Mitch is behind this if it happens.  For good reasons.  So if it does happen, it will be with full support of the GOP members in the Senate.

So try him in the House...or is that now a Kangaroo Court just because the GOP no longer have a majority?

PH

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

So try him in the House...or is that now a Kangaroo Court just because the GOP no longer have a majority?

PH

Look up Kangaroo Court.  It's an unofficial court.  That's not the case here.

Time will tell if Mitch will allow a true trial to happen.  If so, Trump's toast politically.  Gone.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Susco said:

The major mistake Trump made, was running for president, because it has put him in the public spotlight.

Before he could cheat his way out of business deals, without too much trouble.

Now he is toxic, and nobody wants to do business with him, or people who support him, any more.

Read the news, how many big companies have announced publicly that they will not do business with him any more, and the list is still growing, for not to speak of those who quietly turn their back on him.

I personally think that before the end of the year, he will either flee the US, or be in an orange jump suit.

News flash. Trump's been in the spotlight for 30 years.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, polpott said:

And if the Republican party is serious about healing then a considerable number of congressmen and senators should be subject to censure too. IMHO, calling an election result into doubt after the recounts have been completed and fraud claims have been investigated, is an attack on democracy and, as such, an act of sedition.

Clearly som near the top of the GOP are not interested in starting the healing...just look at those voting against Biden's Cabinet picks.  They can achieve nothing but raising a flag to the Base.  Hopefully in two years time enough will have come to light, and have been achieved that this incarnation of anti-Democracy can be firmly rejected.  Trump starting his own Party (which he is rumoured to be considering) would go a long way to helping that as it would force his supporters into a decision and likley mean that genuinely useufl GOP candidates will not be primaried by the whackos.

PH

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ExpatOK said:

The Dems talk about how they're uniting the country. ????

70++ Million people voted for Trump. Convicting him in a kangaroo court after he's left office isn't going to unite the country.

There will always be idiots who believe everything the pathological liar will say and won't be convinced by the evidence shown in a court case. There is no way uniting them, so they are best ignored or punished when they start violence again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

That person would be a good use of the ignore feature imo.  

I try not to do that. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer................. and all that.

As annoying as many of the Trump devotees are, I find it quite fascinating how they can literally see and hear the same thing as most of us but come up with a completely different conclusion. Obviously right-wing media plays an important part of their echo chambers but this absolute denial at times of the very obvious fascinates me and their inability to find fault with anything Trump says or does, would be a field day for Freud. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2021 at 12:02 PM, Berkshire said:

Now it's being reported that VP Pence will not be attending Trump's farewell, but will be attending President Biden's inauguration.  Ditto a number of senior Republican leaders.  When you're toxic, nobody wants to come near you. 

You were correct, prior news reports was incorrect - Pentagon actually provided trump a 21 gun salute at his request - unbelievable a twice cited president for impeachment received such an honour - hopefully there will be some deep soul searching in the USA and appropriate changes made to law / Constitution for oversight of an aberrant president.

• Thanks 1

As Capitol riot arrests climb, FBI says extremist Oath Keepers conspired in attack

Among Capitol riot arrests, FBI accuses extremists of conspiracy (usatoday.com)

"The document accuses Caldwell of helping organize a group of eight to 10 people, who were seen on video footage wearing military gear and Oath Keeper paraphernalia “aggressively approaching” an entrance to the Capitol on Jan. 6. Caldwell, according to the affidavit, sent a Jan. 1 Facebook message to Watkins in which he said he secured hotel rooms at a Comfort Inn in Ballston, Va., which he called a “good location” that “would allow us to hunt at night if we wanted to.” "

First Capitol riot conspiracy charge filed against alleged Oath Keepers leader | TheHill

Edited by Rimmer
quoted reply of removed post

59 minutes ago, BadSpottedDog said:

The impeachment is invalid because they did not follow procedure, had no evidence (actually contrary evidence, showing the siege was planned in advance by antifa), no witnesses, and rushed it through. It is unconstitutional to impeach a private citizen. 

This whole charade was purely political and biased. It won't stand.

As the Supreme Court has confirmed, it's pretty much up to the House to determine how the impeachment  structure and standards are determined.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ExpatOK said:

The Dems talk about how they're uniting the country. ????

70++ Million people voted for Trump. Convicting him in a kangaroo court after he's left office isn't going to unite the country.

And what Kangaroo court would that be?

You can tell us all, as we know that you are a Trump supporter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

I think the main thing to do is to stop the misinformation.  As you see from the posts here of Trump supporters, they get their news from only far right websites.  That spread lies and misinformation.  Lies about voter fraud is what started the coup.

Politicians need to be held accountable.  Luckily, Mitch is in agreement with this also. 

Bi-partisan starts with the politicians.  If they don't lie, it won't be spread by the fake news sites and on social media.  With that being said, once Trump's social media accounts were taken down, misinformation about voter fraud droped significantly.  Who would have guessed? LOL

Bad news:  Faux News is trying to lure back some of its viewers by ramping up the disinformation:

"Two senior leaders of Fox News’ reporting division are exiting the network as the cable channel replaces some news programming with right-wing opinion shows and tries to lure back viewers who balked at its coverage of the 2020 election and its aftermath."  https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-fires-key-player-131130152.html

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Bad news:  Faux News is trying to lure back some of its viewers by ramping up the disinformation:

"Two senior leaders of Fox News’ reporting division are exiting the network as the cable channel replaces some news programming with right-wing opinion shows and tries to lure back viewers who balked at its coverage of the 2020 election and its aftermath."  https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-fires-key-player-131130152.html

I watched Fox for the inauguration.  I was impressed by what they said about Biden?  Quite congratulatory!!!  Stunning....

3 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

I watched Fox for the inauguration.  I was impressed by what they said about Biden?  Quite congratulatory!!!  Stunning....

I don't expect that to last.  Fox pioneered the "news" as entertainment model and it made them the top rated faux news channel.  They will stick with what gets the ratings, with no regard to truth and objectivity.  I expect them to try and out-OAN OAN.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Chris Wallace praise Biden’s speech as best he had ever heard and he is no spring chicken.

https://www.thewrap.com/fox-news-chris-wallace-praises-bidens-inauguration-speech-as-best-i-ever-heard-video/

Yes it was very good.

For me the hilite was that young girl who is a poet. Im in no way into poetry of any kind but she was brilliant and had such gracefull gestures to empathize points.

truly inspirational.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sujo said:

Yes it was very good.

For me the hilite was that young girl who is a poet. Im in no way into poetry of any kind but she was brilliant and had such gracefull gestures to empathize points.

truly inspirational.

Lady Gaga did the coolest version of the national anthem ever.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1