House impeaches Trump after U.S. Capitol siege; his fate in Senate hands

I read somewhere that if he get convicted, he will lose his lifelong Secret Service protection.

Now that would be really worrying.

• Like 2
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 courageous republicans willing to put country and dare I say their political careers on the line kudos true patriots well he’s been charged twice now let’s get this epic failure of a president conv

Unfortunately, Democrats won what they were trying to win. It was a horrible slugfest as predicted from the very beginning, and they narrowly squeaked out their goal. Right or wrong, they got it. 

It's nice to see you accepting the situation with equanimity.  It's just a shame that so many Republican voters and lawmakers were unable to accept this back in November when it was more than clear th

Posted Images

12 hours ago, cmarshall said:

I don't think it's all that hard to know what the Supreme Court would do.  Impeaching a former president, the wobbly precedents notwithstanding, would represent the large expansion of the impeachment power of the Congress.  I think the Roberts SC would nullify any legal action arising from such a decision, as I have outlined.

Really?

"In 1993, the Supreme Court held that it’s not for the courts to review the propriety of impeachments. As Chief Justice William Rehnquist wrote, neither any extrinsic evidence from the Constitutional Convention nor contemporaneous commentary suggested that the founders even contemplated “the possibility of judicial review in the context of the impeachment powers.” It’s ultimately Congress’s call — for former officers as much as current ones."

Opinion | Why Trump Can Be Convicted Even as an Ex-President - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

11 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He is a sad beaten man desperate to grasp any modicum of false dignity leaving the WH. Eager for some final taste of pomp being a President, he asked for a major send-off from the WH on inauguration day before taking his last Presidential flight to Palm Beach. Will miss laughing at his petulant behavior. 

Hes been contacting bannon trying to finda way to reverse the will of the people.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-back-contact-steve-bannon-065618406.html

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

He is a sad beaten man desperate to grasp any modicum of false dignity leaving the WH. Eager for some final taste of pomp being a President, he asked for a major send-off from the WH on inauguration day before taking his last Presidential flight to Palm Beach. Will miss laughing at his petulant behavior. 

Yet it's difficult to feel any sympathy for the conman, or any confidence he is no longer a threat to the country.

• Thanks 1
22 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Oh, no, please! Not before he releases his healthcare plan!

And let the poor guy finish his wall too.

• Haha 1