House impeaches Trump after U.S. Capitol siege; his fate in Senate hands

2 hours ago, J Town said:

And, WHATEVER you do, don't even whisper the word "Nixon" around the loser-in-chief!

Mwuhahaha!

Being true makes it even funnier:

"Trump has been consumed by the unraveling of his presidency during his last days in office, according to people around him, which included a casual discussion among advisers recently about a possible resignation.

Trump shut the idea down almost immediately. And he has made clear to aides in separate conversations that mere mention of President Richard Nixon, the last president to resign, was banned."

I get the impression he's stalking the corridors of the Whitehouse, muttering to himself, not trusting anyone around him, and shouting at the shadows.  Perhaps, in another hundred years or so, a new Shakespeare will come along and write "Donald the First".  Maybe drawing upon Macbeth along the way:
(Donald is) "but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

Edited by ballpoint
  • Like 2
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 courageous republicans willing to put country and dare I say their political careers on the line kudos true patriots well he’s been charged twice now let’s get this epic failure of a president conv

Unfortunately, Democrats won what they were trying to win. It was a horrible slugfest as predicted from the very beginning, and they narrowly squeaked out their goal. Right or wrong, they got it. 

This isn't a given. First the Senate must uphold the impeachment by 2/3rds majority, then an application to the Senate can be made to bar him from holding Federal office for life which requires a simp

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ballpoint said:

Being true makes it even funnier:

"Trump has been consumed by the unraveling of his presidency during his last days in office, according to people around him, which included a casual discussion among advisers recently about a possible resignation.

Trump shut the idea down almost immediately. And he has made clear to aides in separate conversations that mere mention of President Richard Nixon, the last president to resign, was banned."

I get the impression he's stalking the corridors of the Whitehouse, muttering to himself, not trusting anyone around him, and shouting at the shadows.  Perhaps, in another hundred years or so, a new Shakespeare will come along and write "Donald the First".  Maybe drawing upon Macbeth along the way:
(Donald is) "but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

i imagine he's stalking the corridors of the white house, searching for the duplicate key to the dominion servers.  sure, we laugh and make jokes, but there's still a chance that he'll prove....with stable geometric logic...that the kraken had confeved.

• Haha 1

"Colorado officials have written to congressional leadership requesting an investigation into Representative Lauren Boebert’s actions leading up to the attack on the United States Capitol last week. Boebert, a subscriber to the baseless QAnon conspiracy theory alleging that President Donald Trump is being victimized by a cabal of Satan-worshipping Democrats, challenged the results of the 2020 election ahead of the attack."

Colorado Officials Urge Investigation into Rep. Lauren Boebert, Who Tweeted Pelosi's Location During Capitol Attack (politicususa.com)

• Like 1

It amazes me that the congress let these elements infiltrate in their midst. Boebert exhibits the same kind of zealotry as the shot dead female Capitol rioter.  As for the former, just watch her voicing her objection against Trump impeachment round 2 and one has an understanding of the fear of congressmen for their own safety brought on by their own colleagues. Same with the latter, one only needs to watch her video selfie of her political ranting in her car and one would quickly put aside any moral concern regarding her demise.

Bottom line is Boebert needs to answer her Pelosi location tweet to the authorities. If I were in Pelosi shoes, I would not rest until Boebert is herself impeached. My bet is that she was also one of the Capitol "tour guides" the day before the attack. To hear the rioters plan the next move during the siege around the info they had of which door/stairs leading to which room is chilling. And to hear AOC trembling voice recounting her ordeal is heartbreaking.