Man with 'Camp Auschwitz' sweatshirt, Olympic swimmer charged over Capitol riots

webfact

On 1/14/2021 at 6:27 AM, webfact said:

Prosecutors said that in one threat, Florea referred on Jan. 6 to newly-elected Georgia Democratic Senator Raphael Warnock, who is Black, writing: "Dead men can't pass <deleted> laws."

This is something I've been privately worrying about, but hesitated to mention publicly here, ever since the Democrats gained control of the U.S. Senate via the two Georgia runoffs.

There are some truly insane, crazy, violent people out there.  And in their deluded world, if they thought they could regain control of the Senate for the Republicans via an assassination and subsequent governor's replacement appointment, I have no doubt they'd consider and potentially try to act on it.

Exhibit A for that case in the OP reference above. Scary times. Scary people out there.

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
On 1/14/2021 at 6:27 AM, webfact said:

Florea was a supporter of the Proud Boys and had applied to become a member

That's amazing, you have to actually apply to be a proud boy.

Someone should publish that application form and the conditions which have to be met to become a proud boy.

Amazing USA!

I guess I figured it out: They will give you a form and ask you to fill it in. If you are not able to do that then you will become a member. And if you don't know anybody who would be able to fill it in you become a senior member. ???? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am not surprised that are are still so many Donald Trump supporters, after all

when you have been brain washed for as long as they have, it will take a few years

for that brain washing to wear off, if ever. I do hope that a lot more of them get

jail time for their actions. I imagine that the police and FBI have many pictures

of these extremists as well. Guess some good has come from this mob.

Geezer

Was going to agree with you initially.......but then, IMO the DT supporters don't have a lot to "wash" between their ears!! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, billd766 said:

I think that it may 15 years of pride rather than shame, at least to the pack he runs with.

True. But being forced to run with that pack exclusively is perhaps punishment enough. 

Imagine such a group being your only social contact and being forced to listen to the same tired lies and blustering threats every single day as you find yourself increasingly isolated from polite society. Further brain/character damage is the only possible outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

True. But being forced to run with that pack exclusively is perhaps punishment enough. 

Imagine such a group being your only social contact and being forced to listen to the same tired lies and blustering threats every single day as you find yourself increasingly isolated from polite society. Further brain/character damage is the only possible outcome. 

Not so sure about "being forced to run without pack exclusively is perhaps punishment enough" RocketDog, because these sort of mindless idiots thrive on mindlessness, lies and threats and don't have a problem with being isolated from polite society, because that's exactly what they want.

And further brain/character damage being the only possible outcome, is what they are seeking, provided there is something left to damage!

And if further proof were needed about how deranged these people are, well it's not just the rubes that are brainwashed, because some of the Republicans in the house believe in all sorts of Q'anon/paedophile/stolen election rubbish......just unbelievable in this day and age.

• Like 1