Pattaya: FREE multi-story car park coming this year

webfact

Pattaya: FREE multi-story car park coming this year

3pm.jpg

FILE PHOTO

The page of Pattaya City reported on Facebook that Terminal 21 executives led by Praset Sri-ularpong met with Pattaya's mayor Sontaya Khunpluem to discuss plans for a multi-story car park to be built to be built in front of Foodland. 

Terminal 21 is putting 400 million baht into the project that will provide free parking for visitors to Pattaya as part of the NEO Pattaya project.

Once all the environmental assessments are finished the nine story structure that will cater to 1,400 cars will be built.

4pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya City

Building is expected to start in March and be finished before the end of 2021, taking advantage of the quiet period during the pandemic. 

The delegation also discussed other matters related to the development of Pattaya as part of the Eastern Economic Corridor proposals.

Source: Pattaya City

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-14

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Isn't Foodland on Klang? 

Where are we talking here?

Foodland is on the ground floor away from the beach,  not sure what they mean by "in front of Foodland", that is either the street or the existing outdoor carpark.

12 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Terminal 21 has foodland also.. Gate 5 if i remember right

Thanks, yeah found it on Google Maps.... next to Starbucks, facing North Rd. Lovely addition to the view a multi-storey carpark will be there! 

I don't know of any plan to demolish the buildings across North Rd so must be in their car-park. 

Edited by jacko45k

43 minutes ago, petermik said:

"free parking" methinks there must be a catch in it somewhere...:whistling:

yes there is.  Remember the traffic jams  pre covid?  They will be  back at some point then try to get to their new fancy parking tower and out again. I will say it again Terminal 21 was built in the wrong place it was and is a massive white elephant, just more so now. . 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Shuya said:

I though they already have it... It's called Central Festival. Parking always full, even with the mall empty. 

even at the busiest of times, there was always a space available for my car

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bell1234 said:

Not if you know the shortcuts wink wink 

Yeah, I know some of the short cuts.  But the way they take 2 full lanes there to turn right...really messes up traffic.  Down to only one lane at times.  The Baht buses are the worst!!! LOL

8 hours ago, Pilotman said:

yes there is.  Remember the traffic jams  pre covid?  They will be  back at some point then try to get to their new fancy parking tower and out again. I will say it again Terminal 21 was built in the wrong place it was and is a massive white elephant, just more so now. . 

If it was causing 'traffic jams' getting in and out of it then I suspect the T21 company is thinking it was built in just the right place.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, newnative said:

If it was causing 'traffic jams' getting in and out of it then I suspect the T21 company is thinking it was built in just the right place.

not if people try to get there and then give up, as we did twice and then binned the idea 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilotman said:

not if people try to get there and then give up, as we did twice and then binned the idea 

Which actually makes it even more popular.  Possibly not for you but lots of people like to go somewhere that is attracting lots of other people to go there, too.   

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, newnative said:

Which actually makes it even more popular.  Possibly not for you but lots of people like to go somewhere that is attracting lots of other people to go there, too.   

Yep, that Yogi Berra quote seems rather apt. 'No one goes there nowadays. It's too crowded.'

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Natai Beach said:

That is nice. Free parking. Good idea.

Let’s see how ways this forum will turn it into something negative.

12 so far. 

It is whether you think the construction is a good idea or not and one should see the disadvantages. It will not help traffic in that area, and is going to be an eyesore and block the view. T21 itself has turned one of the easier routes into town more difficult with another unnecessary shopping Mall. 

Will it make traffic easier during events like the fireworks or music festival, to a very limited degree I expect. But getting out of that multi story will not be easy, the roads in that area get  choked every event. If it is such a good idea, a pity they didn't have it when they built the place. And why is a train service planned and more parking?

Let us look at the other roaring success, Bali Hai and the car park there!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Eventually.  It must be the worst designed car-park in the world, not helped by the pretentious hotel there commandeering whole floors of parking spaces for their paltry few  customers.

The "ladies only" level works for me. I jump out on approach and leave the wife to park up. Always spaces there.

12 hours ago, newnative said:

haha, a stupid idea in these days of Covid.  Come to think of it, its a stupid idea at anytime.  I hate crowds, as you can probably tell. . 

• Like 1