A unsolved mystery in life.....How is it possible to have ants in a high floor condo?

Before this year I always lived in a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment in Pattaya......

Leave some food out for a few minutes and its swarming with ants in no time......

Ok the 2nd or 3rd floor is not much of a challenge for ants....

I thought when I moved to a new place on the 15th floor that would be it for the ants.............Wrong............I still have ants.......

How the heck can ants get up to the 15th floor?.......

How about you guys on a even higher floor like 20-25 do you have ants?.....

I will say the ants on the 15th floor are really tiny and not nearly as nasty as the 2nd and 3rd floor ants.....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They use the elevator I would guess.

Between you and me......they walk!  But let's keep it a mystery!    

No elevators and you live on the 41st floor?  Wow, you must be in good shapes from all that stair climbing LOL!  I bet moving in with furniture must have been a real bitch...Hahahaha

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

How the heck can ants get up to the 15th floor?.......

Dude.......you do realize that ants can fly don't you? And according to an entomologist friend they can also do spiderman impressions, aren't afraid of heights nor do they suffer altitude sickness.

Edited by UncleMhee
13 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

I will say the ants on the 15th floor are really tiny and not nearly as nasty as the 2nd and 3rd floor ants.....

I get these same little ants that are quick to arrive to dropped food or a swatted fly. I am in a house and they both seem to find their way in and resist the monthly bug spraying I have done. I believe they live in the walls and I am resigned to the idea they will still be here when I am not.

• Like 1
Just now, jacko45k said:

I get these same little ants that are quick to arrive to dropped food or a swatted fly. I am in a house and they both seem to find their way in and resist the monthly bug spraying I have done. I believe they live in the walls and I am resigned to the idea they will still be here when I am not.

spraying wont kill the nest.

that's why you still have them, get an ant powder 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, quake said:

I shall try these ARS Ant-Killer things with the little green plastic house to put the poison in... I usually reserve them for the red fire ants when I find a nest in the garden... a few bites from those give days of irritation. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, quake said:

ARS (an American product) make a liquid that is honey-like in consistency. This is what you want to use. You put a few drops in their pathway.. After a few scouts find it the drops are encicircled by ants.

They will completely consume every drop. The "honey" is carried back to the nest and that's the end of your ant problem..

Those little ants are always trying to bite you.

• Like 2

I'm on 5th floor and get occasional visits from the very small ants. I use Raid ant powder around the balcony entrance and infested areas to stop them dead. Leave it a few days before washing away. Only seems an issue a few times per year.

20210114_094829.jpg

• Like 1