Mazuma water heater

seajae

we had a mazuma 4500w icon plus water heater fitted in our house and it barely takes the chill off the water in the morning so during the colder months the water will still be cold, we are on well water stored in tanks with a water pump, the water should be a lot warmer/hotter. Mazuma was recommended to us as being a top brand and reliable, we gave the house specs to the sales person and this is the model they said to get but now we have to wonder if they gave us bad advice or if the unit is faulty/not strong enough, does anyone have experience with mazuma water heaters/ this problem.

Where do you live? 4500W in the cold season in the north is just not enough power to have hot water with a nice pressure in the morning, so your experience would not be surprising, you want at least 6000W here. But in for example Bangkok 4500W should be sufficient.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seajae said:

so during the colder months

This is the colder month.  We are at record lows here in Bangkok.  And normally 3500w is all that is required in Bangkok (you will have to reduce flow half dozen or so days but can still use).  Sounds like your daytime temp must be very low for 4500w to not at least make it usable.  What is your water pressure?  The ELCD isn't tripped by any chance?  They did put the shower hose on the output (they screwed that up for us once).  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

Where do you live? 4500W in the cold season in the north is just not enough power to have hot water with a nice pressure in the morning, so your experience would not be surprising, you want at least 6000W here. But in for example Bangkok 4500W should be sufficient.

Surat Thani

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

This is the colder month.  We are at record lows here in Bangkok.  And normally 3500w is all that is required in Bangkok (you will have to reduce flow half dozen or so days but can still use).  Sounds like your daytime temp must be very low for 4500w to not at least make it usable.  What is your water pressure?  The ELCD isn't tripped by any chance?  They did put the shower hose on the output (they screwed that up for us once).  

being in the south it tends to be warmer temps, water pressure is good, not to hard, morning temps are in the low 20's currently, gets down lower middle of the year into the teens, really wondering if it is a faulty unit

We're a little further south in Hat Yai, but my 4500W Stiebel Eltron water heater is fine most mornings on its lowest setting. Seldom do I need to turn the dial up to 2 spots and never to 3.

Suspect there is a problem with the unit.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I had 6kW and i lived in BKK. Now up north I have I beleive a 4.4kW and it is OK. Water is hot enough for me to have to turn it down.

Bigger is better. You can always reduce the power.

We have installed a Mazuma 8000W (replacing a 3500W) for the cold season and it is barely adequate with the low teens temperature. We can still get somewhat hot water but at about 40% normal water flow. Cold water has always been my weakness.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, seajae said:

being in the south it tends to be warmer temps, water pressure is good, not to hard, morning temps are in the low 20's currently, gets down lower middle of the year into the teens, really wondering if it is a faulty unit

We have been 17c here in Bangkok last two days and can still take shower with 3,500w Panasonic unit (with pressure about half of normal - we have high water pressure pump).  Suspect there is something wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

We have installed a Mazuma 8000W (replacing a 3500W) for the cold season and it is barely adequate with the low teens temperature. We can still get somewhat hot water but at about 40% normal water flow. Cold water has always been my weakness.

However I have 3 bathrooms with shower, each with their water heater, for the past 7 years I have never used them, and 365 days a year use an outdoor shower, with no water heater obviously.

Yes it is cold now, but after 15 seconds you don't feel that any more

Edited by Susco

21 hours ago, seajae said:

we had a mazuma 4500w icon plus water heater fitted in our house and it barely takes the chill off the water in the morning so during the colder months the water will still be cold, we are on well water stored in tanks with a water pump, the water should be a lot warmer/hotter. Mazuma was recommended to us as being a top brand and reliable, we gave the house specs to the sales person and this is the model they said to get but now we have to wonder if they gave us bad advice or if the unit is faulty/not strong enough, does anyone have experience with mazuma water heaters/ this problem.

20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

12 hours ago, GreasyFingers said:

Mazuma have emailed us saying they will send a technician to have a look at it, if they cannot get it to actually heat the water better than it is currently doing we will replace it with a brand that does work