Uncertainty over availability of COVID-19 vaccinations for expats in Thailand

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exactly. I think this thread is just stirring up worry for no reason.    If an expat can’t afford a covid shot, they shouldn’t be in Thailand. I am sure the 800,000 for retirement visa or 400,0

Thailand has authorized importation of approved vaccine by private hospitals (when there is an approval) so it should be available for those who can afford.

This is complete fear mongering nonsense. The WTTC said the other day that its discrimination and not necessary. The CEO of AirAsia backed up these statements.  No country is going to want to kill its

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Probably not too much different from what many other countries will do.  Don't have the jab, don't come to my country.

This thread is talking about persons already in the country.  That is expats who have been here for many years

5 minutes ago, davidstipek said:

If Thai Visa Holders start Dying because of the lack being able to get Vaccine. Maybe a International Law Suit is in order....

If your healthy without any pre existing conditions your chance of dying of Covid is pretty close to ZERO %.......Even mainstream news admits this.......So virtually no healthy people will be kicking the bucket due to vaccine unavailability.....   

• Like 1
8 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

maybe another perfect cash cow coming up..?

private hospital vaccination or no visa for you ferang.

i know, don't give them ideas!

Is there any medical linked 'cash cow' you know of? Or any cash cow in general that you have paid? Last year I got my flu vaccination and MMR free in the UK but had to pay for other vaccinations. I did not regard it as a cash cow even though they were expensive. This year I paid for my flu vaccination here in Thailand. I did not regard it as a cash cow. When I get a vaccination  here and have to pay I will non the less be grateful.  I will not regard it as a cash cow. Perhaps you might demonstrate gratitude too instead of making cheap cracks about medical services you are only speculating about.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

No Chinese vaccine for me.  Will pay extra for the good stuff.

Problem is, you'll pay more for the good stuff but they'll still give you the Chinese one

I've seen bars do it, putting Laos Khao into empty bottles of Smirnoff

Not sure what's worse..

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

This thread is talking about persons already in the country.  That is expats who have been here for many years

But as I said above..."the Thai Government see you all as visitors on renewable extensions of what were once Non-Immigrant visas."

So doesn't matter if you've been there 6 months or 20 years, you still have the same (lack of) status.  I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with this, merely pointing it out.

21 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

Problem is, you'll pay more for the good stuff but they'll still give you the Chinese one

I've seen bars do it, putting Laos Khao into empty bottles of Smirnoff

Not sure what's worse..

Touché. Will probably go to Bumrungrad Hospital for the good stuff.  Have trusted them for eight years.  They will have the good stuff.

Apart from the expat situation, I find it incredible that the government expects to vaccinate just 30 million by the end of the year and only 70% of the Thai population by early 2022, over a year from now. And does that mean the one jab, or the two needed?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Natai Beach said:

then all the oldies and fat people.

If you got money for doughnuts and pizza, KFC, drink coke buy your own ! I deserve it more than some obese Thai. Said someone near me.

7 hours ago, at15 said:

This is complete fear mongering nonsense.

Feeling left out in the cold, we are indeed.

7 hours ago, at15 said:

The WTTC said the other day that its discrimination and not necessary.

Discrimination doesn't fall into this category. 

7 hours ago, at15 said:

No country is going to want to kill its travel industry.

So are you saying they would prefer to kill off their citizens ?

7 hours ago, at15 said:

Personally i would never in a million years consider injecting any "covid" vaccine.

"Up to you" as they say here, best not be heading down under if you can't afford being quarantined 🙂

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-vaccine-proof-needed-enter-australia-or-travellers-to-pay-for-hotel-quarantine/76ce7511-3e02-426d-9180-5d0eb3ead852

7 hours ago, Card said:

1. 400,000 or 800,000 is not supposed to be spent on vaccinations! It is supposed to be held in an account!

2. Farang retirees are old and vulnerable!

I can see this being an excuse to force the 400 and 800K baht crowd  to purchase Thai insurance.

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, garyk said:

I can see this being an excuse to force the 400 and 800K baht crowd to be forced to purchase Thai insurance.

No problem I can afford to pay 30 baht per hospital visit....Same as Thais...