How serious are people taking self-isolation?

crickets

I just want to get an idea of peoples self-isolation seriousness this new wave. Have you heard of anyone getting caught going out? Are people just leaving their phones at home for the 15 days and going out occasionally. I heard that there is a possible 2 year jail sentence or a big fine.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Virt said:

Here in Denmark there was a survey  recently and the result was that 15 % didn't do correct self isolation after they were tested positive for Covid-19, if my memory is correct, so that's probably a good indicator that it's a problem in any country. 

I will try and find the link when I get home. 

I actually think that people breaking self isolation are a major problem and a reason why we continue o see rising numbers worldwide. 

Some really don't care about covid-19 and some has trouble doing correct self isolation due to various reasons. 

On BBC tonight there was a chap quoting government figures which said that only 30% of people were self-isolating properly. It was supposed that because these people were not eligible for benefit, they continued to work.

No surprise its still ripping around really.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2021 at 11:45 AM, crickets said:

I just want to get an idea of peoples self-isolation seriousness this new wave. Have you heard of anyone getting caught going out? Are people just leaving their phones at home for the 15 days and going out occasionally. I heard that there is a possible 2 year jail sentence or a big fine.

I still don't understand why they don't just put locator bracelets on self-isolating persons

• Sad 2

Is this post about Thailand?  Life is pretty much as normal here in Bangkok - just schools and bars closed, and restaurants having to close at 9pm and not sell alcohol.  Workplaces, public transport, shopping malls, parks are open.  What is this requirement for "self-isolation"?  Or is that just for someone who's infected?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is this post about Thailand?  Life is pretty much as normal here in Bangkok - just schools and bars closed, and restaurants having to close at 9pm and not sell alcohol.  Workplaces, public transport, shopping malls, parks are open.  What is this requirement for "self-isolation"?  Or is that just for someone who's infected?

If you leave the red zone and go to another province you have to do and turn on the app that tracks where you are.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

I suspect there is some weird people out there, who have tested positive, that find some kind of perverse satisfaction in spreading the virus, because they got it and have little or no symptoms.

I'm not a fan of control, but in this case where people are tested positive and still walks around like nothing happened, something has to be done. 

No idea what you can do because it would be a serious step to isolate people against their will. 

Maybe they could start using all the empty hotels as quarantine facilities where the government would pay for food and rent for that period people needed to quarantine and if there were people in the household that can't be left alone, they could move in as well. 

No idea if people would find a stay at a hotel with everything paid more reasonable. 

Would cost alot for the government, but cost a lot more to continue with these lockdowns. 

Our R0 number here in Denmark is down to 0.7 but we just had our lockdown extended 3 weeks more, because they fear that because the version b117 spreads so much faster and it's starting to spread mostly in South Jutland. 

I'm so sick and tired of this, and I wish people would just do their isolation and follow the standard rules. 

I hate masks myself and actually think we spread some virus just because of incorrect use, but I wear it when I'm supposed to, because I hope it prevents more infections than spreading through incorrect use, and since there are no studies that show how much it damages through incorrect use, I have to believe the experts. 

I don't agree with every thing they say but I still do what they say, and I wish that other sceptical people would do too. 

Let's get this darn thing under control and then we can find some answers after this is over or at least under control after most of us has been vaccinated. 

Not trying to high jack the thread by talking about masks, but I just wanted to point out it's important to follow the rules even if we disagree with them. 

If some study later on then shows that we actually spread the virus from masks to surfaces and therefore spread more than prevent, then we have another situation, but we're not there yet. 

So masks, social distance, proper hygiene and isolation are the best we can do so far. 

Personally me and girlfriend mostly stayed at home for the last 10 months and it's been a very depressing 10 months. It's very few friends and family we have seen and very few visits to restaurants and bars. I think I can count it on 2 hands when we went to restaurant, bar or seen friends in 10 months. 

I hate this darn virus. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Is it being enforced?

in my Issan province I'm told there are local volunteers and police keeping an eye on who arrives. They then report the person to the local hospital team who make contact and require the new arrival to make daily temperature reports for 14 day. This was introduced yesterday.

The hospital reports the arrivals to the provincial governor for statistical  purposes only.

5 hours ago, crickets said:

A Thai without a smartphone? Not too many of them id suggest.

A Thai without mobile data on their phone? If the number of users of the thousands of  "free wi-fi" outlets in Thailand are anything to go by, quite a few of them I'd suggest.