Thai health officials try to clear the air amid concern over China's Sinovac vaccine

webfact

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Not if you're on a reduced sodium diet.

60% + of covid infections are asymptomatic. 

This vaccine is considered to be the most dangerous around with 70 proven side effects: also the worst performance of any covid vaccine to date. if you pay for a vacation never accept this one .

The virus is continually mutating (eg UK strain & South Africa strain etc) and some "experts " are already saying there is doubt if available vaccines will be as effective by the time they're administered. But many of the Falang itching to return to Thailand may be happy to take any COVID vaccine, if that's what is required to get the certificate for air travel & entry.....and rely on social distancing, masks, hand washing etc...

4 hours ago, jvs said:

Imo better to vaccinate now with a safe 50% effective vaccine then a 90% safe vaccine a year from now.

Efficacy is only half if the "equation."

The other half is "duration." Not seen any info on duration, ie., 1 year, 6 months, 1 month. 

Even with efficacy there are more factors such as age, gender, physical condition, etc. 

Here is an interesting article.  It shows that you can almost get any estimate of efficacy depending on how you  define it.  It like the number of COVID infections where I heard that China doesn't count those who tested positive but were asymptomatic. 

Brazil downgrades efficacy of Chinese COVID-19 vaccine (msn.com)

The advantage of the vaccine from China is that a dead virus is injected into the body to build immunity. This is considered primary technology, which is also used in hepatitis and polio vaccines. China injected its military personnel and thousands of medical staff with the vaccine and no serious side effects were found,” he said.

Just look at who is telling you no serious side effects were found ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The advantage of the vaccine from China is that a dead virus is injected into the body to build immunity. This is considered primary technology, which is also used in hepatitis and polio vaccines. China injected its military personnel and thousands of medical staff with the vaccine and no serious side effects were found,” he said.

Just look at who is telling you no serious side effects were found ????

Like I said if you want real news. 

4 hours ago, jvs said:

Imo better to vaccinate now with a safe 50% effective vaccine then a 90% safe vaccine a year from now.

Your welcome to jab yourself with a 50% effective vaccine that came from the same place as the infection... 

IMHO I'll stick with a mask for now and wait for the real thing !

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

“We need to look at many other aspects too, such as quality, performance, price, quantity, delivery time and other qualifications that are suitable for Thailand,” Dr Supakit insisted.

Is it possible they are only looking at price? Quality and due diligence are not necessarily been something this administration has been known for. 

TIT strikes again.

lining their pockets with big brother china and then condoning fake info to save face on agreeing to use a suspect product

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

still, this vax will be used in brazil. It's used since yesterday in indonesia, officials there do think it's efficacy is some 65%.

As astrazeneca is already being approved it would be imported first in small quantities by private hospitals, and at price, probably in thousands.

Pfizer might also be fast tracked, but it would be up to 10k baht.

So  health workers have no choice, but to take sinovac. Nobody else is able to deliver fast 2 mln jabs.

When the larger batch of 800k sinovac arrives to thailand in March, it would be much more clear, how really effective it is.

By then they might change dosage, recommend more than one jab. Producer can twitch vax, depending on mutations in each country, but it takes some 6 weeks before updated production can start.

There is probability, that brasilian results are poor, because of the different mutation, than those in china.

Most important should be safety of vax, no side effects. Efficacy is now secondary, as there is not much choice.

what is the Chinese vaccine is responsible for the new deadly Brazilian mutation ?

about this vax:

"Butantan Institute also said the vaccine is 78 percent effective in preventing mild cases that needed treatment, and 100 percent effective in staving off moderate to serious cases – an important part of the story that didn’t make it to many articles translated and published by Thai media. "

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/01/14/heres-the-truth-behind-50-4-efficacy-of-chinese-vaccine-left-out-by-thai-media/

The detailed report says it is close to 100% effective against onset of severe Covid (e.g. people taking the vaccine may have a 50% chance of getting Covid, but the onset of severe symptoms seems to be prevented).

6 hours ago, webfact said:

organised a press conference to allay widespread concerns that China’s Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine, being imported into Thailand, is not effective enough to tackle the virus.

Appears to be similar concerns in Cambodia (but refuted). From today's TVF:-

"News PM refutes news reports on Cambodia rejecting Sinovac"

Personally, I would never accept a Chinese vaccine. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Since Thailand has shown such tremendous concern for the safety of its citizens from Covid, there certainly can't be any agenda that would cause those same officials to favor China to curry favor with them could there?  
image.png.6021de7d59b65da4bdba17c8f9a92883.png

I trust that the Thai politicians will honestly select the vaccine, that offer them the biggest kickbacks. There is absolutely NO chance, that I will let anyone inject the Chinese vaccine in my body.

Edited by Xonax

The Thai government recently announced that they are considering allowing those who have been vaccinated to enter the country without quarantine.  If they don't accept the Sino vaccine as effective then this could exclude a huge number of potential chinese tourists.  I'm sure that this is factoring into the Thai government's decision-making

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Interesting - 50 percent seemed very low, but I'm no doctor.

Isn't it ironic that the worst of the worst so far is coming from China?  

And likely untrue too, fed by childish US anti Chinese stupid and dangerous propaganda I expect.

Edited by rayw
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Poet said:

The elites will have the Western vaccines. The masses will be lucky if their Sinovac isn't actually a forgery.

Thailand ordered 2 million of the Sinovac AND 60 million other vaccins from Astrazenica. So it looks like "the masses" will  get a decent vaccin. 

So what you say is factual untrue but hey its catchy and you always can make a Youtube video from it. 

13 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Interesting - 50 percent seemed very low, but I'm no doctor.

Isn't it ironic that the worst of the worst so far is coming from China?  

erm, its only 50% effective but that still is valid according the WHO. 

And why the cynical anti China attitude? They, just like Thailand, have the pandemic under control. The usa? ?4000 daily deaths, and rising. And i wont mention a civil war currently raging in the usa.

IF ANYTHING, we should learn from Thailand and China, but unfortunately, too many ppl feel superior and cant learn from non wrstern countries. O well... ????

absurd. Thai officials are working hard to provide vaccins for the entire country. 2 million vaccins now from China with a 50% effectiveness (that is still valid according WHO standards) and a whopping 60 million vaccins from Astrozenica later, and all the farangs are doing is being negative and cynical and sowing doubt about vaccins and ridiculing ppl who actually do something. YIKES.