Thai health officials try to clear the air amid concern over China's Sinovac vaccine

6 hours ago, webfact said:

organised a press conference to allay widespread concerns that China’s Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine, being imported into Thailand, is not effective enough to tackle the virus.

Appears to be similar concerns in Cambodia (but refuted). From today's TVF:-

"News PM refutes news reports on Cambodia rejecting Sinovac"

Personally, I would never accept a Chinese vaccine. 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The elites will have the Western vaccines. The masses will be lucky if their Sinovac isn't actually a forgery.

Course not.

and sure we will believe anything out of Chinese mouth 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Thomas J said:

Since Thailand has shown such tremendous concern for the safety of its citizens from Covid, there certainly can't be any agenda that would cause those same officials to favor China to curry favor with them could there?  
image.png.6021de7d59b65da4bdba17c8f9a92883.png

I trust that the Thai politicians will honestly select the vaccine, that offer them the biggest kickbacks. There is absolutely NO chance, that I will let anyone inject the Chinese vaccine in my body.

Edited by Xonax

The Thai government recently announced that they are considering allowing those who have been vaccinated to enter the country without quarantine.  If they don't accept the Sino vaccine as effective then this could exclude a huge number of potential chinese tourists.  I'm sure that this is factoring into the Thai government's decision-making

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Interesting - 50 percent seemed very low, but I'm no doctor.

Isn't it ironic that the worst of the worst so far is coming from China?  

And likely untrue too, fed by childish US anti Chinese stupid and dangerous propaganda I expect.

Edited by rayw
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Poet said:

The elites will have the Western vaccines. The masses will be lucky if their Sinovac isn't actually a forgery.

Thailand ordered 2 million of the Sinovac AND 60 million other vaccins from Astrazenica. So it looks like "the masses" will  get a decent vaccin. 

So what you say is factual untrue but hey its catchy and you always can make a Youtube video from it. 

13 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Interesting - 50 percent seemed very low, but I'm no doctor.

Isn't it ironic that the worst of the worst so far is coming from China?  

erm, its only 50% effective but that still is valid according the WHO. 

And why the cynical anti China attitude? They, just like Thailand, have the pandemic under control. The usa? ?4000 daily deaths, and rising. And i wont mention a civil war currently raging in the usa.

IF ANYTHING, we should learn from Thailand and China, but unfortunately, too many ppl feel superior and cant learn from non wrstern countries. O well... 😛

7 hours ago, jvs said:

Imo better to vaccinate now with a safe 50% effective vaccine then a 90% safe vaccine a year from now.

Not only that, but if you get the vaccine and still get sick it will be much more likely to be a mild case.

absurd. Thai officials are working hard to provide vaccins for the entire country. 2 million vaccins now from China with a 50% effectiveness (that is still valid according WHO standards) and a whopping 60 million vaccins from Astrozenica later, and all the farangs are doing is being negative and cynical and sowing doubt about vaccins and ridiculing ppl who actually do something. YIKES. 

The Chinese Communist Party has ordered 200 million Pfizer vaccines for its top officials and military because they know the Pfizer vaccine works. Ordinary Chinese will get the useless (mostly copied) made in China Sinovac.

• Like 2