Using a VPN bans you on Thaivisa?

Susco

Just now, tgw said:

what personal details did the page show?

Hmmm, personal is personal, isn't it?

To give a hint. on a certain occasion moderators have sent me a message, with some info, and the message was displayed below

Just now, Susco said:

To give a hint. on a certain occasion moderators have sent me a message, with some info, and the message was displayed below

well, you can say which personal information it was without revealing the information itself

such as: name, address, location, phone number...

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

by the way, is the result the same when you connect through your VPN but use a different browser?

1 minute ago, tgw said:

well, you can say which personal information it was without revealing the information itself

such as: name, address, location, phone number...

On request I will send that information to a administrator or moderator.

2 minutes ago, Susco said:

Yes, but without the personal info.

I can view the forum but can not sign in

interesting

in that other browser, did you make sure it is using the VPN connection?

for example by typing in google "what is my IP"

1 minute ago, tgw said:

interesting

in that other browser, did you make sure it is using the VPN connection?

for example by typing in google "what is my IP"

VPN is installed on my PC, so every browser will use it.

The lack of personal information in the alternative browser, is probably because I never previously used that browser to login to TVF

5 minutes ago, Susco said:

The lack of personal information in the alternative browser, is probably because I never previously used that browser to login to TVF

Witch tells you the personal info is from your computer - not the forum.

48 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Do you use a VPN server located in Thailand? I never did before and I don't know why I should.

Just academic.

Of course NordVPN works fine usually.

No it's never in Thailand, mostly set to Singapore

1 minute ago, Susco said:

Why would my computer display only selected pm's

It is the personal information that your computer memory is providing for that browser and not the one you never used to sign on.  The banned message may come from elsewhere but the added information is being provided by your browser it would seem.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

It is the personal information that your computer memory is providing for that browser and not the one you never used to sign on.  The banned message may come from elsewhere but the added information is being provided by your browser it would seem.

Why would the computer only display PM's from moderators, and not other PM's

1 hour ago, guzzi850m2 said:

That's odd, been using same VPN and never had any problems ever.

you may find someone has been banned using that ip address.  when vanned the name and last used ip address are usually black listed. 

2 minutes ago, uncleP said:

you may find someone has been banned using that ip address.  when vanned the name and last used ip address are usually black listed. 

That would be odd, because 99% of the users has a dynamic IP, which changes ever 24 hours

2 hours ago, Poet said:

Simply posting that a VPN gets you banned on ThaiVisa could get you banned on ThaiVisa.

Show a source for that  improbable  assertion.

~o:37;

Edited by orang37
memory recovered after alien abduction
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, uncleP said:

The only time an IP is flagged is when it is from an overseas spammer even then that IP is not banned but flagged for approval.

If Susco would like to send me the IP address he is having a problem with I can check the IP logs in case a domestic IP has been accidentally flagged. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Susco said:

That would be odd, because 99% of the users has a dynamic IP, which changes ever 24 hours

But using a VPN the IP numbers decrease greatly - someone using the IP before you got it could well have been banned or requested access that was not allowed and from the IP the machines still believe it is him.  

1 minute ago, Rimmer said:

The only time an IP is flagged is when it is from an overseas spammer even then that IP is not banned but flagged for approval.

If Susco would like to send me the IP address he is having a problem with I can check the IP logs in case a domestic IP has been accidentally flagged. 

I will send you PM, though I haven't checked if each time the same IP is assigned, which I actually doubt

Currently connected To Thailand Server 12 via NordVPN using OpenVPN protocol(UDP) and working as normal. However, my IP address has been banned from other sites when connected to servers in Singapore, which is a similar issue.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

I  use  PureVPN  (paid)  which  you can  switch on/off in  Chrome,  as  well  as,  of   course,   select the proxy country  server.

Why  would I want  to use a VPN   connection  to  a Thai server  from within  Thailand?

~o:37;

7 hours ago, Susco said:

depending on the technology used, not all browsers will use the VPN connection socket.

if you use Open VPN protocol for example, Firefox will use it, but Edge will not.

it's best to test it.

regarding the messages from mods displayed, I guess it's intended as an explanation for the people who get banned.

18 hours ago, orang37 said:

Show a source for that  improbable  assertion.

Sure. Right after you show me a medical certificate proving that you have been checked for a functioning sense of humor within the last 14 days.