Blind employees of massage shops affected by latest COVID-19 outbreak

webfact

Blind employees of massage shops affected by latest COVID-19 outbreak

5A503466-442C-4AF4-A1ED-0409C7BEDB03.jpe

Many Thai massage shops employ blind and visually impaired staff and such shops in Bangkok have been temporarily closed, by order of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration on January 2nd, to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The President of the Thailand Association of the Blind, Ekkamol Paetayanan, revealed that Thai massage is one of the main occupations for visually impaired Thai people. Currently, there are 12,000 such people working as Thai masseuses.

Director of the National Center for the Blind, Pohnchai Klubwihok, says that about 100 Thai massage shops, employing the visually impaired, have been closed due to the latest outbreak. 20 of them are in Bangkok, affecting 500 visually staff.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/blind-employees-of-massage-shops-affected-by-latest-covid-19-outbreak/

Logo-top-.png

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The President of the Thailand Association of the Blind, Ekkamol Paetayanan, revealed that Thai massage is one of the main occupations for visually impaired Thai people. Currently, there are 12,000 such people working as Thai masseuses.

So many yet I've never met one...

unless you count the one with the 3pm eye, i don't know if she's talking to me or looking out the window ?