Retirement extension bank deposit needs to stay in bank for three months - what if I need to withdraw all of my money sooner?

My last extension I was asked to get 12 months bank statements because I had not bothered updating my passbook every month (which has more than twice the requirement in ) so they do check.

But to withdraw directly after if definite on  leaving the country & no renewal required I am sure would cause no problems

Thank goodness there are agents. What a joke having to keep 400k (or 800k for ret. ext) in some Thai bank account and having to do all the other loop-jumping, printing-off of tree forests and reporting and waiting around for hours at IO's.

Edited by Nemises
22 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

Do they ask you for proof what you used last year ? Is this how immigration know by asking for proof? 

Yes, if you are renewing a retirement extension based on money on deposit, they will want to verify that you maintained the monetary conditions of the previous extension. I personally provided bank book copies that covered 12 months. As usual I had the original book with me if asked for. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Nemises said:

Thank goodness there are agents. What a joke having to keep 400k (or 800k for ret. ext) in some Thai bank account and having to do all the other loop-jumping, printing-off of tree forests and reporting and waiting around for hours at IO's.

Nobody forces you to keep 400/800K in a Thai bank.

There are alternatives such as transfers of 40/65K per month, Embassy Income letters for all but 3 nationalities, and Combo method for retirement.

For those of us married to a Thai we've made provisions for our wife to have an inheritance and prefer to keep funds in a Thai bank for ease of access.

If you consider preparing a few copies of documents a real hoop jumping exercise, then you must find doing the washing a real choir.