For the final destination Pattaya I will probably be quarantined for 30 days

SwissHolidayer

I am in an ASQ Bangkok (15 days soon over) and the hotel said, if I complete the ASQ quarantine and immediately go to the final destination Pattaya, I will be detained / quarantined a second time!  (If this information is wrong please show me the source of the official rules for Pattaya)

The Thailand Tourism Authority (TAT) has in the meanwhile confirmed (according TAT's Facebook page), that those passengers who have recently completed their ASQ quarantine and proceed immediately to their destination in Phuket will not have to quarantine a second time as long as they can present their ASQ completion certificate.

As a result, I ask myself the legitimate question, why Pattaya tourists are not treated equally? My information request to the Thailand Tourism Authority (Pattaya and CC Head Quarter) remains unanswered until now.

As long as I do not receive the same ASQ-travel-guarantee from the TAT, I have no choice to cancel all my Pattaya bookings.

Welcome to the uncertainty that is Thailand atm. If certainly authorities have there way even your accommodation will be closed, in Pattaya. I've not seen posts of a second period of quarantine. Once your provided with the paperwork as an essential traveller, upon presentation at roadblocks, I've not heard of negative outcomes yet. As some ask in posts,  with travelling throughout Thailand.

It's a daily task to keep up with variations. I've seen buses and minivans still offering their service out of Pattaya to Bangkok and who would not be returning empty, but with people both ways having the essential paperwork prior to boarding.

My advice is if you can you should buy a lotery ticket before to enter your second quarantine i mean it's impossible to be so unlucky all the time, so try your luck!

On a serious note afaik when you go out of your first periode of quarantine you are ''clear''

and supposed to be able to go where you want in Thailand.

It's not the problem of your actual hotel to know where you are going when you check out.

A lot of hotels are closed here in Pattaya, but a lot are open too.

(If you want to be sure send me a pm with the name of your hotel, i live in Pattaya and i can check if they are really open or not)

Afaik with the certificate delivered by your actual hotel in Bangkok, you should be able to take a taxi or a minivan to Pattaya. There is also a document to fill to travel from province to province (Not all provinces are concerned,  you need this paper from Pattaya to Bangkok but not from Bangkok to Pattaya, at least not all Bangkok, only few areas are ''red'' and the situation change daily.

This link could help even if it's mainly for Pattaya and few days old already

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/01/07/how-to-register-for-inter-provincial-travel-in-and-out-of-high-control-zones-including-chonburi/

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 1

I think the regulation is that people entering from out of province are asked to self isolate at their destination / home. 

Thus: After your ASQ and transport to Pattaya, it may be expected that you self isolate to comply with the regulations - I can’t see this being enforced very strongly. 

It's not something I’d be worried about. 

Addition: an other friend of mine lost her job and wanted to go back to her family in Korat. She travelled with three other ladies in a taxi but was stopped at the border of the province, was not allowed in and needed to go back to Pattaya as they did not have the correct papers (!).

• Thanks 1