PM Prayut: Government able to buy COVID-19 vaccine for all Thais

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Muhendis said:

That's a good question. The answer seems to be that the vaccine which protects the recipient may not stop that individual from being a carrier.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-mask.html

The making of a New York Times (MSM) article. Lets see how they do it.

1. A fact

The new Covid-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna seem to be remarkably good at preventing serious illness

2. Now start with something unknown.

But it’s unclear how well they will curb the spread of the coronavirus.

3. Now suggest it is true based on something not even measured.

That’s because the Pfizer and Moderna trials tracked only how many vaccinated people became sick with Covid-19.

4. Now make the unfounded conclusion

That leaves open the possibility that some vaccinated people get infected without developing symptoms, and could then silently transmit the virus

5. Amplify with unrelated detail

— especially if they come in close contact with others or stop wearing masks

6.Apply IF to unfounded conclusion

If vaccinated people are silent spreaders of the virus, they may keep it circulating in their communities, putting unvaccinated people at risk

Stop reading

Fact: The Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines generate immunity in the same way as AstraZenica's vaccine by making the same spikes for the body to react to. There is no reason to believe the nRNA vaccines will not prevent spread better than the AZ vaccine, especially since their efficacy is higher.

Edited by rabas

12 minutes ago, rabas said:

The making of a New York Times (MSM) article. Lets see how they do it.

1. A fact

The new Covid-19 vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna seem to be remarkably good at preventing serious illness

2. Now start with something unknown.

But it’s unclear how well they will curb the spread of the coronavirus.

3. Now suggest it is true based on something not even measured.

That’s because the Pfizer and Moderna trials tracked only how many vaccinated people became sick with Covid-19.

4. Now make the unfounded conclusion

That leaves open the possibility that some vaccinated people get infected without developing symptoms, and could then silently transmit the virus

5. Amplify with unrelated detail

— especially if they come in close contact with others or stop wearing masks

6.Apply IF to unfounded conclusion

If vaccinated people are silent spreaders of the virus, they may keep it circulating in their communities, putting unvaccinated people at risk

Stop reading

Fact: The Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccines generate immunity in the same way as AstraZenica's vaccine by making the same spikes for the body to react to. There is no reason to believe the nRNA vaccines will not prevent spread better than the AZ vaccine, especially since their efficacy is higher. 

And yet...

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/14/politics/adriano-espaillat-covid-vaccine-congress/index.html

Democratic Rep. Adriano Espaillat of New York said Thursday he has tested positive for Covid-19 and is isolating at home, he announced in a series of tweets.

"I am following guidance from my physician and quarantining at home after having tested positive for COVID-19," he tweeted. "I received the second dose of the #COVID19vaccine last week and understand the affects take time. I have continued to be tested regularly, wear my mask and follow the recommended guidelines."

16 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And yet...

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/14/politics/adriano-espaillat-covid-vaccine-congress/index.html

Democratic Rep. Adriano Espaillat of New York said Thursday he has tested positive for Covid-19 and is isolating at home, he announced in a series of tweets.

"I am following guidance from my physician and quarantining at home after having tested positive for COVID-19," he tweeted. "I received the second dose of the #COVID19vaccine last week and understand the affects take time. I have continued to be tested regularly, wear my mask and follow the recommended guidelines."

Well there you have CNN.

They report on a 1/1000 occurrence of an infection with 95% effective vaccine, before the vaccination period is complete. Then start with what-if-ism.

I agree that people should wear masks during a pandemic, particularly because so much is unknown but also to not cause social confusion.

Edited by rabas

22 minutes ago, rabas said:

Well there you have CNN.

They report on a 1/1000 occurrence of an infection with 95% effective vaccine, before the vaccination period is complete. Then start with what-if-ism.

I agree that people should wear masks during a pandemic, particularly because so much is unknown but also to not cause social confusion.

What-if-ism?  This is a fact.  It happened.  Is it rare?  We don't know yet.

Nothing wrong with CNN.  Unless you're a trump supporter!!! LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

One optimist verses two sceptics. Sorry pals, you don't faze me!

If herd immunity has been established through vaccination plus natural immunity, How is this virus going to propagate itself?

Have a nice (Covid free) day. ????

By jumping on you as you have no protection .

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

What-if-ism?  This is a fact.  It happened.  Is it rare?  We don't know yet.

Nothing wrong with CNN.  Unless you're a trump supporter!!! LOL

No, just a scientist who has complained about MSM for decades.  Don't you think they could have mentioned this was a completely expected phenomenon that means little? But that would not sell.

Truth is like a jigsaw puzzle, you have to assemble all the facts correctly to see it.

6 minutes ago, rabas said:

No, just a scientist who has complained about MSM for decades.  Don't you think they could have mentioned this was a completely expected phenomenon that means little? But that would not sell.

Truth is like a jigsaw puzzle, you have to assemble all the facts correctly to see it.

Ummm...that's not a scientist.  It's a member of congress.  And yes, it was completely mentioned.  Many times.

Not sure how this isn't truthful?  Ya lost me...and what's MSM got to do with it?  I'm puzzled.

29 minutes ago, superal said:
3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

One optimist verses two sceptics. Sorry pals, you don't faze me!

If herd immunity has been established through vaccination plus natural immunity, How is this virus going to propagate itself?

30 minutes ago, superal said:

By jumping on you as you have no protection .

And the Nobel Prize for medicine goes to:

Superal for his discovery of the Smart Virus! Way to go. ????

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

government has enough funds to provide doses of COVID-19 vaccine

For reference from Nikke iAsia (December 2020):-

Recently Sinovac received $515 million to scale up production from an affiliate of CP Group, Thailand's largest conglomerate.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I'm talking about the new production facility in Thailand, this have never produced a vaccine before, its just been set up especially for purpose. Siam Biosience, its an investment arm of the Crown Property Bureau

Hence my point..

why RE-invent the wheel.

why don’t we just buy from any of these countries that are producing the vaccine for export and at negligible cost

• Like 1