Thailand keeps getting colder

snoop1130

Thailand keeps getting colder

f63661a270bde780972e809bf0872783_small.jpg

NONG KHAI (NNT) - This week, Thailand can expect to face continuing cold weather. Some areas will even see very low temperatures, such as Nong Khai, where farm fish and cattle need extra care.

Today’s temperature in Nong Khai province was as low as 10 degrees Celsius. The temperature drop has had affects on fish in farms in the Mekong River, as they consume much less feed. Even more, smaller fish cannot tolerate the cold and more have died than usual. Fish farmers have to feed the fish with supplements and vitamins in order to keep them strong. In Hin Ngom sub-district alone there are over 50 farms which have been affected by the low temperatures.

Besides the fish, pets and other domestic animals also require more care. Owners of fighting roosters must put their birds in the sunlight or even light a fire to keep them warm and healthy.

Meanwhile, in Uthai Thani province, the temperature kept falling especially on higher ground. For instance, in Thong Lang, Huai Kot and Kan Makrood sub-districts, where the temperature was 9 - 10 degrees Celsius. Residents in the area had to put on more clothes and lit fires to keep themselves warm before going to work on their crops.

At the same time, in Chiang Rai, the governor Mr. Prajon Prachsakul, as a representative, received 300 blankets donated by teachers, students and parents from Anuban Chiang Rai School. The blankets will be passed to children and families in rural areas.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2021-01-14

15 hours ago, stuandjulie said:
15 hours ago, Bangyai said:

In the UK they call 18 degrees summer.

No, that's a heat wave ????

I was there in June a few years back and it was 5 degrees. It's interesting though that, say, 15 degrees in the UK would be considered mild in winter and people would be happy, but people would be complaining about the same temperature in summer.

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's been colder than this before, it really got into my bones back then,

don't worry it won't belong before someone is complaining about it been too hot !

regards worgeordie

I recall being in my condo at the time so ... 6 years ago? I think colder than now. Motivated me to go out to Global House to buy an electric, fireplace looking heater, also had an electric blanket at the time (until I forgot to plug it into the transformer!).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/15/2021 at 1:18 PM, wwest5829 said:

I recall being in my condo at the time so ... 6 years ago? I think colder than now. Motivated me to go out to Global House to buy an electric, fireplace looking heater, also had an electric blanket at the time (until I forgot to plug it into the transformer!).

There isn't an emoji for 'what the fxxk'  ????

Must be the coldest on average winter for at least 5 years here in Udon Thani. For the first time i have a beautiful crop of spinach growing..... not the Thai stuff, real UK spinach. Usually it just shrivels up and dies if we get one hot week. Wife even went out and bought a new Duvet. Not sure the old one was used at all last winter.