Scottish nationalists set for record majority, boosting independence push

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nicola and Scotland have my full unconditional support, go for it, good luck wish you the best.... and that would be the final nail in BJ's  coffin  555

Thank you Boris and Brexiteers. Go Scotland! 

how can he refuse, what goes around comes around, the UK wanted to leave the EU and the EU let them, now Scotland wants to leave the UK and,  based on the UK democracy free willing, free movement,  th

Posted Images

An important day for all those who believe in democracy and the right of a people to choose their future without being bound by restrictions imposed by others. 

The crowdfunded People's AS30 action commences today. The objective is to ask the court to declare "that the Scottish Parliament has the power under the provisions of the Scotland Act 1998 to legislate for the holding of a referendum on whether Scotland should be an independent country, without requiring the consent of the UK Government." (link)

I am not wholly confident in its chances, but even a defeat will be useful in some respects. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 hours ago, stevenl said:

So? Now they may want something different. And judging by polls they do, especially since the economic landscape changed drastically.

Self determination, not just for the British when it concerns the EU, but also for the Scots when it concerns the UK.

Polls, bit like the Beano, a good laugh......Wait for the real deal......😋

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, stevenl said:

So? Now they may want something different. And judging by polls they do, especially since the economic landscape changed drastically.

Self determination, not just for the British when it concerns the EU, but also for the Scots when it concerns the UK.

Correct. Hence the referendum in 2014. That is my argument. The Scots keep banging on about how they want the choice. They had the choice and said NO.

As a matter of fact, I would be happy to see Scotland gain independence. In fact I think England should beat everyone to it and have a referendum themselves. A referendum for England to be an independent nation. Leave the rest of the union to Scotland, Wales and NI. England takes everything they want and closes the borders. Then let's see the complaints from across the borders about how nationalistic we are.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, transam said:

Polls, bit like the Beano, a good laugh......Wait for the real deal......😋

"Wait for the real deal."

Exactly, the sooner the better. Glad we agree again.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Correct. Hence the referendum in 2014. That is my argument. The Scots keep banging on about how they want the choice. They had the choice and said NO.

As a matter of fact, I would be happy to see Scotland gain independence. In fact I think England should beat everyone to it and have a referendum themselves. A referendum for England to be an independent nation. Leave the rest of the union to Scotland, Wales and NI. England takes everything they want and closes the borders. Then let's see the complaints from across the borders about how nationalistic we are.

Why do you and others keep ignoring the completely different economic situation after brexit. No need to answer.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Scotland would be happy. I dont know why england insists scotland has no say in whether they want in or out.

Yet say they can decide if in or out of the eu.

Using that analogy, if the eu says uk must remain then they should remain. Uk should be given the choice.

Edited by Sujo
  • Like 1
24 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Scotland would be happy. I dont know why england insists scotland has no say in whether they want in or out.

Yet say they can decide if in or out of the eu.

Using that analogy, if the eu says uk must remain then they should remain. Uk should be given the choice.

Oh dear. Go back to my post, and many others for that matter, to try and get a fist of things before you embarrass yourself again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1