Options after a Work Permit.

Hi everyone, I hope everyone is keeping safe in these hard times. My question relates to a school cancelling my work permit. I have been working for a school for 8 months and now we both wish to stop the contract as soon as possible. However I will not have a new contract until  May outside of Bangkok. I do not want to leave the country and come back to quarantine. I am 54 years old and have enough savings. Is there a way of switching to a tourist visa for a few months and not leave Bkk or going on the amnesty idea? The owner of the school does not wish to help at all and she is quite rude. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. 

JJ

The only option you have at this time is a 60 day covid 19 extension. The extension of the order for them expires on the 29th of this month but I am sure they will extend it.

Your current extension would to have to be canceled before you could apply for the extension.

1 minute ago, jackdd said:

Retirement extension should also be an option, he wrote he is 54. Would of course require 800k in a Thai bank account.

800K is not a problel but do i have tobshow pension income? As I want to go back tonwork in May?

2 minutes ago, jamiejoel said:

So i would go to CW to cancel the visa and then ask for a 60 extension due to covid. I guess another idea would be to do ab ed visa and study for a while? Does the 60 extension cost? I giess around 1900?

You would cancel your extension of stay (it is not a visa) at Chaeng Wattana if that is where it was issued. You will need a letter from the school stating the date you will not be working anymore.

At this time the 60 day extensions are being issued at the temporary office a Muang Thong Thani. The fee is 1900 baht.

Unless attending a formal school such a university it would be for hard to apply for a extension based upon attending school. The rules state you must have a newly issued non-ed visa for informal schools such as language schools.

Archived