How to get started: visa exception to Education Visa ?

On 1/16/2021 at 1:25 PM, cerox said:

Thats all great guys.

But whether they will really accept it after being in the open from ASQ to the airport, lets see. This is Thailand, I cannot rely on not having to do self-isolation. There is no such thing as a "fact" in Thailand.

I hope youre right. I have seen that confirmation for Phuket, not for Chiang Mai.

I'm finishing quarantine in BKK in a few days. The asq prepares a form to take with you. So far I've found that if I have the correct paperwork, things go well. (usually) I also found it odd that being in the open in a normal taxi was ok, but they just laughed, said they'd phone one for me to the airport. I plan to do nothing but exit the cab & get on the plane. I'll ask the asq if it's ok to stop at an atm, but unless they say it's fine, I won't do it.  Hope this helps.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to find a school that can get your ED visa.  Pick a location near where you want to live or somewhere central if you plan to travel, because you will need to go back every 3 months to extend.

Yep, if the OP doesn't really want to study Thai, they should consider a volunteer visa.  Also, with the ED visa most provinces only allow you to stay up to one year from your date of original entry,

You should think about where in Thailand you want to stay. Not all immigration offices would issue you a non-immigrant visa for studying at a language school, so your choices are limited. After you de

25 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

This is extremely hard to fathom...If the Thais are dishing out visas on the 29th, why can't I just get one like everybody else?  BUT: is there a MOE link to registered language schools?  Friends are doing their best to help, but it's slow going.  Any reliable unbroken links are appreciated!  Thanks.

I have seen a copy of a passport showing Chiang Mai accepting a application for a 60 day extension that was ending at the end of February with a under consideration stamp dated mid March.

I am sure you will be able to get a 60 day extension if needed after you apply for the allowed 30 day extension of your entry.

There is no info on the MOE website for registered schools that I am aware of.

This agent might be able to help. The page is for a 12 month self defense course but I think they also have normal language classes offered. https://chiangmaibuddy.com/visa-heaven/12-month-self-defence-ed-visa/

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen a copy of a passport showing Chiang Mai accepting a application for a 60 day extension that was ending at the end of February with a under consideration stamp dated mid March.

I am sure you will be able to get a 60 day extension if needed after you apply for the allowed 30 day extension of your entry.

There is no info on the MOE website for registered schools that I am aware of.

This agent might be able to help. The page is for a 12 month self defense course but I think they also have normal language classes offered. https://chiangmaibuddy.com/visa-heaven/12-month-self-defence-ed-visa/

Thanks so much!  I'll get going on this today.  Especially important is the mention of the 60 day extension.  BTW.  I'm not sure that self defense study is part of a visa now, but I'd really enjoy it.   Thai language is certainly interesting!  I'm thankful. 

Edited by cubism001
38 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

I'm not sure that self defense study is part of a visa now, but I'd really enjoy it.

Many people have already gotten non-ed visas and extensions for it. No different than studying muay thai and other martial arts training.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Many people have already gotten non-ed visas and extensions for it. No different than studying muay thai and other martial arts training.

Thanks so much!  Hope hope hope it works out.  I wrote them.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Somehow I thought that martial arts visas weren't being given out.  How can I find out about them?  Thank you.