Alternative Local Quarantine

Eano

4 hours ago, Andyfez said:

Does it matter where they are?

You can't go out.

Not a very well thought out answer.  If the OP wants to be in Chiang Mai and their are flights to there, he would obviously what to quarantine there.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Not a very well thought out answer.  If the OP wants to be in Chiang Mai and their are flights to there, he would obviously what to quarantine there.

If he cannot leave the ASQ Hotel, it wouldn't really matter where he stayed.  It would probably even be much easier to travel to Chiang Mai after having finished the mandatory 15 days quarantaine, than trying to get their immediately after arrival at Bangkok airport.  Probably also much more choice of ASQ-Hotels in Bangkok too.

Edited by Peter Denis

16 hours ago, Eano said:

Yes correct. But there now seem to be flights from KL to CM hence the question!

There may well be flights scheduled. But 2 questions, 1 are they on the list of approved semi commercial flights 2 are they actully flying?

On 1/15/2021 at 7:21 AM, grin said:

I've only seen one on the list:

https://www.bpchiangmaicityhotel.com

Just out of curiosity I checked Booking.com on this one and the hotel itself for 15 nights.  Booking.com came to about THB174,000.  But, hey, that included breakfast!

Obviously, if this hotel is an approved ASQ, there must be further information (and a cheaper rate than Booking.com). I tried the hotel website directly to make a reservation, but it was unresponsive. I have figured it rather pointless to pursue this further at present. 

I DO remember three hotels being designated ASQ hotels in Chiang Mai several months ago, but I can not remember the hotels (two posh and one rather pleasant, as I recall)

Have at it, if you wish.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

I checked Booking.com on this one and the hotel itself for 15 nights.  Booking.com came to about THB174,000.

Check again, I just did and it was listed at THB 821 per night or about 12,300 THB for the 15 nights.  And Agoda was even less.

I think you got a price in Ruphia or Dong or mal-samong.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Check again, I just did and it was listed at THB 821 per night or about 12,300 THB for the 15 nights.  And Agoda was even less.

19 hours ago, Dante99 said:

No, it was Reichmarks!! Thanks for checking again, and glad to see what you discovered.  Makes more sense.  And lunch and dinner delivered (if permitted) wouldn't add too much more per day unless you are some sort of gormand.  But forget wine!

• Like 1