Buying a house for your wife/ partner with protection

Is it possible to buy a house in your thai wife/partner's name, then at the same time rent the house back from your partner at a peppercorn rent for say 20 to 30 years?  That would cover you in the event your partner decided to kick you out or even if you have a trusted partner and they suddenly died then the family could not take the house from you whilst you had the rental contract in place.

Edited by cheynewalk
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • cheynewalk changed the title to Buying a house for your wife/ partner with protection
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

#1) Google is your friend #2) Because I didn’t marry an ex-ho !!!!  - can’t speak for others !

I’m waiting for BritMan to rock-up to this thread - this subject has got to be dog-whistle for him and those like him who believe every single relationship thats not rented is doomed to failure and fi

Correct..I did the same, put the house in my step daughters name with 30 yr lease fully registered with the land office here in Pattaya My name is on the Chanote. All done thru a lawyer cost me 30 k t

I suggested to the woman who I live with that perhaps one day in the next couple of years we buy a house, she can then use it as collateral to mortgage it and the funds would come to me.

There would also be a 30 year fully registered, taxed and 'paid up' lease although this may interfere with the mortgage - this is where legal advice is essential.

Usufruct is much more complicated based on what I've read, I believe it involves purchasing land and then building a new building and some places outright refuse to issue them because 'they don't want to issue  usufruct to foreigners' - just the usual 'hate foreigners' routine by the local boss.

I would hire a good lawyer from a reputable firm in Bangkok to handle any affairs like this. There should be no link between some small town local lawyer and the local authorities who make any decisions.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m waiting for BritMan to rock-up to this thread - this subject has got to be dog-whistle for him and those like him who believe every single relationship thats not rented is doomed to failure and financial ruin !!!! 

I think 50% of marriages in UK end in divorce, what's it here?  % of farang/Thai marriages would be interesting, I reckon more than 50%

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

If her desire is for a house, rent a nice one.

If she doesn't like it, find another girl plenty out there who don't have the "buy me a house" demands.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I think 50% of marriages in UK end in divorce, what's it here?  % of farang/Thai marriages would be interesting, I reckon more than 50%

Every thread on TV on the topic ends up with all farang gushing how deliriously happy they are 

Based on that I have to say the divorce rate maybe 10% assuming posters weren't using a bit of load 😃

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1