Okay given for Bt300 foreign tourist entry fee

webfact

I believe they have wanted to do this for along time,if the government don,t try and get u,some thais  will do the same.The fact no tourist allowed in and waiting to return,they will play the waiting game and hope they return,but with what they are doing for visa,s with expats living there.who knows what will happen and go elsewhere

• Like 2

For some people, going to Laos is 1500 baht at the border

300........is obviously the beginning......it will never go to 200.

someone will sleep all year, wake up and say..... 400!!!  now give me a raise.

farang property tax, farang bank tax, farang exit tax

enjoy

• Like 2

All tourists arriving at the moment, have to already purchased travel insurance, covering Covid 19 for at least $100,000, to be able to get a COE, to fly to Thailand!!

Even for Visa-exempt entries.

Maybe when they realise they will cut the entrance fee to 150฿ ????

Great idea .  Why not increase it to 500baht and give some insurance or something of value ....?.. have they also considered dual pricing at  national Parks to encourage tourists  that would be great!...... I seem to recall many years ago paying an exit fee at international airports  too ?how about reintroducing that to give extra value to the tourists. I appreciate times have been tough and 300 Baht is not a lot but why not hide it in airport taxes for ALL passengers coming in as a duty tax?... And Thailand still want a tourism industry !

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

They’re thinking 10 million arrivals... x 300 baht each...

If those in positions at the top can skim 10% they’ll have 300 million baht to divide between themselves !!!

Well there are like 6 billion people on earth, 

Imagine the revenue if every person came, even the locals.... even the ones who don't have  a passport!

That would make these politicians, super SMRT

• Confused 1

These people are morons. Thailand’s tourism and small businesses in places like chiang mai, Pattaya, samui and Phuket are dead and now they will charge non existent tourists a fee for tourism promotion.

Get the vaccine (not the Chinese version) and inoculate the population ASAP to get the borders open and tourists back 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE:

Phipat said the fee would help fund management and development of Thai tourism, as well as insurance for foreign tourists during their stay.

Great news!

We will all be covered by the 30 baht scheme and no need for covid insurance.

God help us all, there is no way i put a foot insice any local hospitals if I can ever walk on my own feet, or be aware of where they are carrying me. However I have used Hua Hin hospital, and they have a vip service, but any countryside hospital? No

Is still the fee operative with the airline tickets, or is it terminated?