Okay given for Bt300 foreign tourist entry fee

webfact

2 hours ago, popabear said:

I am as fit and healthy as you are mate , one must wonder weather people of your age will have the same opinion, as you have now for people of my age ,when you to, will one day reach my age. The point I was trying to make  in my post, is that this discriminates against people of age and of course many of these people of age may be happy to pay for their own Hospital bills , but putting up barriers of entry and not giving people of age the option to pay their own Hospital bill is grossly very unfair .  Regards ,,,,   Popa

Popa

How would that work?  Would you be happy to deposit a large wad of funds with the Thai Government to cover any unforeseen accidents or emergencies that they would return when you leave?

PH

4 hours ago, popabear said:

I am as fit and healthy as you are mate , one must wonder weather people of your age will have the same opinion, as you have now for people of my age ,when you to, will one day reach my age. The point I was trying to make  in my post, is that this discriminates against people of age and of course many of these people of age may be happy to pay for their own Hospital bills , but putting up barriers of entry and not giving people of age the option to pay their own Hospital bill is grossly very unfair .  Regards ,,,,   Popa

That may or may not be the case. It's more a matter for the Thai government to contain medical costs, than to worry about 'discrimination'. Why do heath insurance premiums go up as one gets older? Because it far more likely for an older person to need medical and hospital facilities and suffer from all manner of chronic illness. As for covering your own costs - there is no real way of policing that, unless the Thais could have access to your savings should such an eventuality occur. Some medical / hospital procedures cost millions of baht. And the very misers, unwilling to part with 300 baht are clapping hands at your proposal. Laughable !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkocker said:

That may or may not be the case. It's more a matter for the Thai government to contain medical costs, than to worry about 'discrimination'. Why do heath insurance premiums go up as one gets older? Because it far more likely for an older person to need medical and hospital facilities and suffer from all manner of chronic illness. As for covering your own costs - there is no real way of policing that, unless the Thais could have access to your savings should such an eventuality occur. Some medical / hospital procedures cost millions of baht. And the very misers, unwilling to part with 300 baht are clapping hands at your proposal. Laughable !!

But there are no guarantees that the money would actually go to health care and not another submarine or gold watch remember who and what is supposedly running this country 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bangkocker said:

there is no real way of policing that, unless the Thais could have access to your savings should such an eventuality occur.

Have you ever been  in Hospital in Thailand , well I have a couple of times and also in ICU , they treat  you, but require your credit card , there was no way they were going to let me off with out paying ,requiring me to pay each day .  Why can't they do what they do in Australia ,when married to a Asian and she wants to bring her sister in for a holiday into Australia( the risk she will skip leaving ) they make you pay a deposit of $10,000 dollars , which you pay online, easy as and if the sister leaves Australia , they then refund your $10,000 straight back into the account that you paid the deposit out of, easy as, I know  ,because I have had to do this in the past years. So there are ways they can do this.                                                                                                                       Even Cambodia has a system set up , with having to pay a deposit of $2,0OO before giving entry to their country and they then take out what the cost's are and refund what's left , of course there are plenty of ways to do this , but do you really think Thailand would do this for us, even collecting the 300 Bath on entry and saying some of it is for people who don't pay their Hospital bills , will they carry through with a proper set out method of doing this ,and of course the misers that are unwilling to part with the 300 Bath , might find that if done right, it might bring some stability to this matter , which seems to go on forever .  Regards ,,,   Popa

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mike k said:

But there are no guarantees that the money would actually go to health care and not another submarine or gold watch remember who and what is supposedly running this country 

I refer you to my previous comments about foreigners demanding accountability from the Thai government , That's ridiculous and ar se over ti t. You don't like it ?? Don't go. Simply put.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, popabear said:

Have you ever been  in Hospital in Thailand , well I have a couple of times and also in ICU , they treat  you, but require your credit card , there was no way they were going to let me off with out paying ,requiring me to pay each day .  Why can't they do what they do in Australia ,when married to a Asian and she wants to bring her sister in for a holiday into Australia( the risk she will skip leaving ) they make you pay a deposit of $10,000 dollars , which you pay online, easy as and if the sister leaves Australia , they then refund your $10,000 straight back into the account that you paid the deposit out of, easy as, I know  ,because I have had to do this in the past years. So there are ways they can do this.                                                                                                                       Even Cambodia has a system set up , with having to pay a deposit of $2,0OO before giving entry to their country and they then take out what the cost's are and refund what's left , of course there are plenty of ways to do this , but do you really think Thailand would do this for us, even collecting the 300 Bath on entry and saying some of it is for people who don't pay their Hospital bills , will they carry through with a proper set out method of doing this ,and of course the misers that are unwilling to part with the 300 Bath , might find that if done right, it might bring some stability to this matter , which seems to go on forever .  Regards ,,,   Popa

"Oh why can't they do like the Aussies do" ???? It ain't Aussies Popa , T.I.T !!!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

QUOTE: Why do heath insurance premiums go up as one gets older? Because it far more likely for an older person to need medical and hospital facilities and suffer from all manner of chronic illness.

My insurance premiums DO NOT GET UP as I get older.

When I was young, I payed tax for this, so it's balanced.

But then again, I  live in a civilised country, not in US or Thailand.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

QUOTE: Why do heath insurance premiums go up as one gets older? Because it far more likely for an older person to need medical and hospital facilities and suffer from all manner of chronic illness.

My insurance premiums DO NOT GET UP as I get older.

When I was young, I payed tax for this, so it's balanced.

But then again, I  live in a civilised country, not in US or Thailand.

So then you  and all the other misers shouldn't have any qualms about donating 300 baht. My last post on this tired thread. Don't bother responding as I won't see the reply, and you will only be left gnawing on your bare bones. hahahh

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

The tourist tax should be done on a country of origin basis. Again, Westerners are paying for Russian and Asian "so called tourists" and visa over-stayers who get into trouble and cannot save themselves. With all of the marketing money put into the Tourist Authority of Thailand, Thailand should have figured out which tourists are going to be a liability.