Arrested Capitol rioters had guns and bombs, everyday careers and Olympic medals

webfact

6 hours ago, Tug said:

MAGA Many Are Getting Arrested for the life of me I cannot understand how people can fall for the bs coming out of trumps mouth we really do need to legislate consequences for (news organizations) that spread lies and hate to think thease MAGA idiots think trump is the answer it just beggers belief 

Thank you for explaining MAGA.

• Haha 1

Why have so many of them used the excuse that they have a mental illness to try to escape prosecution ?  If they really do have mental issues then they should have stayed at home, not go out to a riot.  And where were all the security ? Just a few cops. You would have thought that there would be trained professionals guarding the place. Maybe there were at one time but Trumpy got rid of them !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I think it demonstrates a shocking lack of intelligence to a) believe anything Trump says in the first place, and b) to actually do what Trump asked them to do: come to Washington and do Trump’s dirty work for him. Terms like ignorant and gullible don’t even begin the describe these people.

I'm tempted to draw a parallel towards something else but I better not. 

1 hour ago, Virt said:

Yet you don't question the IQ 70. 

Are you assuming most of them are low IQ? 

It's dangerous putting people in boxes like that. 

Timothy McWeigh supposedly had 120 + IQ and look at this list of killers. 

https://www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk/article/serial-killers-iqs-ranked

I guess IQ is not a common denominator among MAGAS. Perhaps a lack of empathy is a common denominator. Plus, who can resist a leader that believes the same things they do: patriarchy, white supremacy, might-is-right, etc.

1 minute ago, Thakkar said:

I guess IQ is not a common denominator among MAGAS. Perhaps a lack of empathy is a common denominator. Plus, who can resist a leader that believes the same things they do: patriarchy, white supremacy, might-is-right, etc.

And the ability to lie like there's no tomorrow.

Rather then debate IQ, I'd say it was more a debate on the degree of stupidity and gullibility of the trump mob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you look at ancient history, even during the Roman empire, a similar situation arise, and the outcome was 10 years of civil war and the rise of a brutal dictator after 10 years of fighting

is that really what the Democrats want? At least Biden is smart enough to want peace and put everything behind and move on. He might be a boring stiff, but he is a very reasonable person ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

If you look at ancient history, even during the Roman empire, a similar situation arise, and the outcome was 10 years of civil war and the rise of a brutal dictator after 10 years of fighting

is that really what the Democrats want? At least Biden is smart enough to want peace and put everything behind and move on. He might be a boring stiff, but he is a very reasonable person ????

I thought you were a law and order guy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

Trump lost vs Dems, this war is over.

Now it's Trump vs GOP.

Edited by Opl
  • Like 2

If Trump really needs these crazies to continue to follow him for his ego after he leaves office, I suspect he will become even more of a god-loving poser by touring the states and spending a lot more time in the superchurches. He could just move on from his political experience and enjoy a healthy retirement, which sadly very few wealthy people seem to do anymore.  He could be proud of his accomplishments in life but I figure he's too spiteful and desirous of being the man who the camera are focused on. He doesn't add to my life when he's whining in the media cameras. He just makes the world a worse place. He and his crazy conspiracists need each other. If one of them were to leave the other's identity and ideas would fade too.

I just hope the revolution in the streets and Washington is over. We don't need more of this unnecessary hate and violence. We know what the problems are in the US.

Just my two cents in on this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

Now that's a surprising thing for me, in as much as the GOP politicians are repeating the lies and obviously they seem to believe them!

As an example a couple of nights ago on the BBC News, they interviewed a member of the Republican party, a strategist I believe, and when asked about the riots and if Trump and his entourage encouraging these people, caused them, she repeatedly used the line, "well you have to get it into perspective", and when the interviewer questioned what she meant, she just kept referring to it, meaning the perspective of the election being stolen!

And again last night, a member of the Republican party being interviewed was skirting around the issue of the riots, mentioning Antifa, amongst others, was asked the question by an irate interviewer, "do you think that some of the blame could be laid at Trump's feet for inciting this riot?" – – And the answer was no!

So there you have two senior members of the Republican party still refusing to lay blame where it so rightly sits, and it was quite obvious that they believed they were completely in the right and that Trump had done no wrong!

Is it any wonder therefore that the rubes out there believe the right-wing propaganda of Trump and associates, when even those in the higher echelons believe it – – seems like the main requirement to be a member of the Republican party is to have very little in the way of intelligence, or even common-sense for that matter.

I mention common-sense because who in their right mind would believe the, "QAnon conspiracy theory, which casts Trump as a savior figure and elite Democrats as a cabal of Satanist pedophiles and cannibals??

"...well you have to get it into perspective", and when the interviewer questioned what she meant, she just kept referring to it, meaning the perspective of the election being stolen!"

So I wonder if the interviewee was asked for detailed/specific details of how it stolen?

20 minutes ago, scorecard said:

"...well you have to get it into perspective", and when the interviewer questioned what she meant, she just kept referring to it, meaning the perspective of the election being stolen!"

So I wonder if the interviewee was asked for detailed/specific details of how it stolen?

Ran out of time unfortunately as would have loved that question to have been asked.