friend from Pattaya needs to pick me up from Suvarnabhumi airport

and bring me back to Pattaya on Monday the 18th.

Will he need to  get any special permissions from the district office 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could not possibly be more incorrect. It is called Swampy by millions. Why? It was built on reclaimed swamp land. Simple enough explanation?   The airport is on what had formerly been kn

For the OP. Swampy is a nickname used by 3 or 4 people. It refers to a time, about 15 years ago, when people wished the airport to fail and envisaged it being invaded by snakes from nearby swamps. The

And thence the new nickname, So yuwanaboomboom.

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, n210mp said:

and bring me back to Pattaya on Monday the 18th.

Will he need to  get any special permissions from the district office 

Where are you coming from and is it essential?

Technically, they are saying you need to get the permission form filled out at the local government office from where you are coming from explaining the "essential" reason you need to come to Pattaya. They will likely stop you at the checkpoint and ask about this.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Joe2050 said:

There is absolutely not check point on the motorway between Bangkok to Pattaya and Pattaya to Bangkok, I drove this morning.

Not even between Aranphet and Pattaya. My gf took a minibus to Aran 13/1 and came back by car 14/1, never been checked.

1 hour ago, Joe2050 said:

There is absolutely not check point on the motorway between Bangkok to Pattaya and Pattaya to Bangkok, I drove this morning.

Wow, good to know thanks.

So, I just spoke with my driver.  She said true no checkpoints on the motorway.

She did say however.as you enter Pattaya from the motorway there is a checkpoint.

Is this incorrect then?

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, J Town said:

Is it feasible for you to take the Swampy/Jomtien bus? Extremely inexpensive, and I always buy two tickets so I don't have to sit next to someone like me. 😜

According to their website it is in "hibernation"  J Town, when I contacted their office they confirmed but also said that the bus service from Ekamai to Pattaya was running.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Where are you coming from and is it essential?

Technically, they are saying you need to get the permission form filled out at the local government office from where you are coming from explaining the "essential" reason you need to come to Pattaya. They will likely stop you at the checkpoint and ask about this.

Thank you

I am returning from KK and have the necessary documents

1 hour ago, n210mp said:

they confirmed but also said that the bus service from Ekamai to Pattaya was running.

3x per day, 9am, 12 and 3 pm.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

She did say however.as you enter Pattaya from the motorway there is a checkpoint.

Is this incorrect then?

Must have started today, because went over the highway to Pattaya, yesterday around 5pm, and then there was no checkpoint.

There is a checkpoint on Sukhumvit, opposite Banglamung police station if you enter from the North, or at least it was there a week ago.

Edited by Susco
2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

3x per day, 9am, 12 and 3 pm.

Ooops, beware, I think that is the Pattaya end and Ekamai may differ.